- Wait! WHAT?!!! LOL twitter.com/anncoulter/sta… 6 days ago
- A true trailblazer has left us | Edie Windsor, the mother of marriage equality, has died lgbtqnation.com/2017/09/edie-w… 1 week ago
- RT @AdamsMorganDay: Add your photos to our Adams Morgan Day Flickr pool! bit.ly/AdMoDayphotos 1 week ago
- Smooth sailing? It looks like @MayorBowser may not have a major challenger in her re-election bid. dcist.com/2017/09/dc_att… 1 week ago
- How do you sleep for 11 hours and wake up tired? Ugh! 1 week ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
Hawaii Gets It Wrong
July 7, 2010Posted by on
With all due respect to the Tenth Amendment and States’ Rights, Hawaii Governor Linda Lingle must suffer from a disservice of staff and advisors. That is the only conclusion one can come to in light of her decision to veto the civil unions bill passed by the Hawaii legislature in April.
The Governor said she was vetoing the bill because she has become convinced that this issue is of “such significant societal importance that it deserves to be decided directly by all the people of Hawaii.”
But it has already been voted on by the good people of Hawaii back in 1998. So are you going to keep voting until you get the outcome you want?