- Day 2 begins.... #MG18 https://t.co/JcvlPYHYt6 1 week ago
- Chillin’ in Bywater waiting for some ribs. #MG18 #NOLA @ The Joint instagram.com/p/Be6axOClA-K/ 1 week ago
- RT @RailTransitOPS: 1:00P Update: #WMATA is continuing to single track at #DupontCircle via the #ShadyGrove track Train delays are in exce… 1 month ago
- AVOID the red line if you can! Something’s going on between Dupont and Farr North. They are single tracking. #mess. @unsuckdcmetro 1 month ago
- About to watch Thomas Crown Affair for the first time. The original version. 1 month ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
Facts versus Hyperbole & Whispers
June 17, 2010Posted by on
My friend (I say that sincerely) over at GayPatriot.net recently went on the rampage about Log Cabin supporting Patrick Murray over Matthew Berry in VA-08.
[T]hey [Log Cabin] supported the pro-choice, anti-gay Iraq War veteran Patrick Murray in Virginia’s 8th Congressional District over the pro-life, conservative, former FCC lawyer Matthew Berry. Oh, did I mention that Berry is a gay conservative? So why would Log Cabin support Murray, over a gay conservative who is pro-life, and stands up for state’s rights and the repeal of DADT? Simple: Log Cabin no longer has the best interests of the Gay Right at heart – and hasn’t for some time. They raised money for Murray, who won the primary against Berry last Tuesday. Good job R. Clarke Cooper!
Either Bruce didn’t fact check his information or his “source on the Log Cabin board” led him astray. There were no LCR chapter or national endorsement for Murray, nor were any PAC checks distributed to him.
Indeed, individuals supported both candidates, to be sure. And while Cooper and some supported Murray (I also must point out the Cooper later withdrew his support), I and many in the DC and NY Chapters supported Berry. I must further note that Cooper’s actions were done BEFORE he became Executive Director.
Facts are much better than hyperbole and whispers.