- WTF South Texas?! 1 week ago
- Ho hum. My @Uber_DC pass is not a good deal this month. :-( 2 weeks ago
- Not even a last name. Well, at least they could have spelled my other name correctly... https://t.co/ognv9VFL3n 2 weeks ago
- The thing I look forward to the most on Halloween is to what @ActuallyNPH and his family dress up as! This year, on… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 weeks ago
- Woke up to a random girl in my bed. First time THAT’S ever happened!!! #RoommateChronicles #NotWaltersRoom 2 weeks ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
“Look Dad, a Soldier!”
June 15, 2010Posted by on
Yesterday, while heading home, a little boy no older than 6 boarded the metro at the Crystal City station with his parents. A mop of blonde hair covered the boys’ head as he held hands with him mom and dad. Then suddenly, with excitement, he said loud enough for the entire train to hear, “Look dad, a soldier! Are you a soldier?! Hi soldier! What’s your name?” At which point everyone else on the train started to laugh and smile uncontrollably.
The soldier then approached the little boy, shook his hand and started a conversation with him. The rest of the train was still giggling over the initial comments.
Two stops later, as the soldier exited the train at the Pentagon station, the boy said, “Everybody say bye to the soldier!” Obediently, we all did.
It was definitely a ‘kids say the darndest things’ moment, and one that put a smile on everyone’s faces. I also say bravo to the parents, who undoubtedly has taught their son to honor and respect those who serve.