- It seems just weeks ago newly elected French President Macron was riding high on approval & Americans feigning over… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 5 hours ago
- Just heard @CarlCameronFOX is retiring after 22 years. 😢 #CampaignCarl is the best!!! Ran into him at many political events over the years. 21 hours ago
- He was trying to save face on news the councils were disintegrating. Strategy Forum planned to inform the WH b4 making announcement public. 1 week ago
- RT @DougHeye: After that Trump press conference, I don't know how I can tell any minority why they should vote Republican. 1 week ago
- 2 days ago, he says he has tons of CEOs wanting to join. Now he disbands business advisory councils after more CEOs quit. 1 week ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
Another Reason to vote for Matthew Berry (VA-8)
June 4, 2010Posted by on
A brief note to campaigns and volunteers when passing out literature at metro stops: IGNORE NO ONE! Yesterday, I was heading home and was about to go into the Crystal City metro stop. There was a cadre of volunteers for the Patrick Murray for Congress campaign. He’s is running in the Republican primary to take on Rep. Jim Moran. This is indeed a good year to have a chance to win that seat, as the Virginia-8 is heavily Democratic. I thought, “Oh a good chance to get some info on his campaign.”
What got me all bent out of shape was the fact that there were at least five volunteers for Colonel Murray’s campaign passing out literature. I looked at each of them waiting for someone to hand me a brochure, as they were doing to everyone else going into and coming out of the metro. They all ignored me.
Why was that? Was it because of my attire? Khakis, white button down and a back pack? Or was it because I’m black? Sadly, it’s obvious their reasons.
What’s sadder for them is that because of their “blink” moment, they had no idea that I was the President of the DC Log Cabin Republicans, an organization who has some influence among local Republicans in the DC area.