- RT @RailTransitOPS: 1:00P Update: #WMATA is continuing to single track at #DupontCircle via the #ShadyGrove track Train delays are in exce… 1 week ago
- AVOID the red line if you can! Something’s going on between Dupont and Farr North. They are single tracking. #mess. @unsuckdcmetro 1 week ago
- About to watch Thomas Crown Affair for the first time. The original version. 2 weeks ago
- RT @dcfireems: Congratulations to the "Alley Rats", Engine 21 in @ItsAdamsMorgan, celebrating 109 years of dedicated service to the Distric… 3 weeks ago
- CityPaper staff balked when there was talk of a conservative buying the paper. Now, with no perspective buyer, curr… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 month ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
Morning Shot: May 27, 2010
May 27, 2010Posted by on
- Birthday Shots
Today’s shots go out to R&B singers Andre 3000 (OutKast), Lisa “Left Eye” Lopes (TLC), horror legend Vincent Price, former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger, and Wild Bill Hickok.
- This Day in History
In 1937, San Francisco’s Golden Gate Bridge, a stunning technological and artistic achievement, opens to the public after five years of construction. On opening day–“Pedestrian Day”–some 200,000 bridge walkers marveled at the 4,200-foot-long suspension bridge, which spans the Golden Gate Strait at the entrance to San Francisco Bay and connects San Francisco and Marin County. On May 28, the Golden Gate Bridge opened to vehicular traffic.
- Idol, Really, America?Did you really pick Lee Dewyze as your next American Idol? Seriously? Is he good? Yes. Is he amazing enough to be catapulted up with the likes of Kelly Clarkson (who I almost didn’t recognize last night), Carrie Underwood, and David Cook? Or will he be mediocre like Rubben Studdard… or worse, Taylor Hicks? Only time will tell. And please don’t bring Madonna on as a judge.
- Some People Need to Get Their Head Out of Their AssesBlogger Joe.My.God alerts us to some idiots at a site called American’s Survival, Inc. (I won’t link to them) who claim that lifting the ban on gays serving honorably in the military would exposed tens of thousands to disease and add “danger to the risks they already face in fighting for our freedom around the world.” I guess he doesn’t realize that there are already closeted gay men and woman who already serve. Just another asshat.