- Day 2 begins.... #MG18 https://t.co/JcvlPYHYt6 1 week ago
- Chillin’ in Bywater waiting for some ribs. #MG18 #NOLA @ The Joint instagram.com/p/Be6axOClA-K/ 1 week ago
- RT @RailTransitOPS: 1:00P Update: #WMATA is continuing to single track at #DupontCircle via the #ShadyGrove track Train delays are in exce… 1 month ago
- AVOID the red line if you can! Something’s going on between Dupont and Farr North. They are single tracking. #mess. @unsuckdcmetro 1 month ago
- About to watch Thomas Crown Affair for the first time. The original version. 1 month ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
Morning Shot: May 25, 2010
May 25, 2010Posted by on
- Birthday Shots
Today offers some great shots to give out! Ralp Waldo Emerson would be 207, Robert Ludlum of the Jason Bourne series would be 83, Gandalf himself – Sir Ian McKellen – ages gracefully, as does Mike Myers, Stacy London (What Not to Wear) and Lauryn Hill.
- This Day in History
On this day in 1977, Memorial Day weekend opens with an intergalactic bang as the first of George Lucas’ blockbuster Star Wars movies hits American theaters.
- Hey Napalitano, It’s a Gulf, not an Ocean.
This video is taken straight from the Politico.
- Don’t Mess with Miss DC!
City Paper reports that bombshell beauty queen, and a runner-up for Miss America, Jennifer Corey took matters into her own hands, after hands were taken to her. They quote the Washington Examiner, who says the District beauty queen winner was slapped in the butt by a group of “spoiled rich preppy kids who think that they are better than you because their dad makes a lot of money.” They were out in Georgetown, if you can imagine. After the third assault, “I just had so much rage against him . . . that I slammed him up against the wall,” Corey said. “[T]here is no reason for a girl to have to worry about being slapped . . . or touched when we go out.”
- Will DDOT Rain on the Pride Parade?
That is the question many people have been asking since last November when the District Department of Transportation began ripping up the sidewalk along 17th Street NW right in the middle of the parade route for Capital Pride. The project is scheduled to last for 240 days (weather permitting). That would put completion around July 29th, (weather permitting). We’re less than three weeks out from the parade, so we shall see. Oh, and they even have a website to monitor their progress — http://17thstreetstreetscape.com/default.aspx