- WTF South Texas?! 1 week ago
- Ho hum. My @Uber_DC pass is not a good deal this month. :-( 2 weeks ago
- Not even a last name. Well, at least they could have spelled my other name correctly... https://t.co/ognv9VFL3n 2 weeks ago
- The thing I look forward to the most on Halloween is to what @ActuallyNPH and his family dress up as! This year, on… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 weeks ago
- Woke up to a random girl in my bed. First time THAT’S ever happened!!! #RoommateChronicles #NotWaltersRoom 2 weeks ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
Morning Shot: May 24, 2010
May 24, 2010Posted by on
- Birthday Shots
Today shots go out to a cadre of musical legends – Rosanne Cash, Patti LaBelle, and Bob Dylan. Also, shots go out to Gary Burghoff (Radar, from MASH), Priscilla Presley, and Tommy Chong (of Cheech & Chong).
- This Day in History
After 14 years and 27 deaths while being constructed, the Brooklyn Bridge over the East River is opened, connecting the great cities of New York and Brooklyn for the first time in history. Thousands of residents of Brooklyn and Manhattan Island turned out to witness the dedication ceremony, which was presided over by President Chester A. Arthur and New York Governor Grover Cleveland. Designed by the late John A. Roebling, the Brooklyn Bridge was the largest suspension bridge ever built to that date.
- Goodbye to Lost
Last night was the two and half series finale of one of the best shows ever on television. I became obsessed with Lost from that very first episode on September 22, 2004. My lust for Lost never waned, even through the writers’ strike, the time travel, the flash backs, flash-forwards, and with this, the flash-sideways. This show never disappointed, but always left you with questions and wanting more. And that’s exactly what happened last night.
- Hawaii Five-0
No, it’s not that 70s crime drama, but that special election in Hawaii’s 1st Congressional district. On Saturday, Log Cabin Republican-endorsed Charles Djou bested two Democrats by nearly ten points. This is a great pick up in what is President Obama’s home district. But alas, this may be a short lived celebration. This seat , much like the PA-12 seat is up again this November.