- RT @StonewallBllrds: TONIGHT! @StonewallBllrds Semifinals and FINALS at @buffalobilldc! 2 hours ago
- What are you doing for Cinco de Mayo? Imma binge watch season 2 of @sense8 on @netflix with @BrianJacobSmith… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 22 hours ago
- Those in glass houses... washingtonexaminer.com/bernie-sanders… 2 days ago
- No #80sFriday, but I wanna know who you consider music royalty! You know, Elvis is The King, Aretha is the Queen of Soul. Who else? 3 days ago
- The resistance is weak! 5 days ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
Morning Shot: May 21, 2010
May 21, 2010Posted by on
- Birthday Shots
Today shots go out to jazz pianist Fats Waller, Perry Mason’s Raymond Burr, rapper Notorious B.I.G., and I pity the fool who forgets Mr. T’s birthday.
- This Day in History
As a shout out to my dear friend British Pat, today back in 1881, humanitarians Clara Barton and Adolphus Solomons founded the American National Red Cross, an organization established to provide humanitarian aid to victims of wars and natural disasters in congruence with the International Red Cross.
- Shameless Plug
Today, I once again grace the pages of the Washington Blade. My post from earlier this week will be in today’s edition of the Blade as an op-ed. Somebody really likes me!
- Death of a Tax
WaPo is reporting this morning that a majority of DC Council members are signaling their opposition to a 1-cent-per-ounce tax on soda, probably killing the proposal for the year. Let’s hope reason doesn’t stop there.