- WTF South Texas?! 1 week ago
- Ho hum. My @Uber_DC pass is not a good deal this month. :-( 2 weeks ago
- Not even a last name. Well, at least they could have spelled my other name correctly... https://t.co/ognv9VFL3n 2 weeks ago
- The thing I look forward to the most on Halloween is to what @ActuallyNPH and his family dress up as! This year, on… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 weeks ago
- Woke up to a random girl in my bed. First time THAT’S ever happened!!! #RoommateChronicles #NotWaltersRoom 2 weeks ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
Jimmy, What are You Talking About?
May 21, 2010Posted by on
Last night I was reading a blog post from Focus on the Rainbow, a Connecticut based LGBT website. There happened to be a quote from a friend of mine that caught my eye.
“This demonstrates why the Log Cabin Republicans have no credibility in Washington,” said LaSalvia “Their [GetEQUAL’s] tactics do absolutely nothing to advance the issue. The issue of Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell is being taken very seriously by Congress right now and it doesn’t help matters to be disruptive at a time where we’re trying to argue open service by gays in the military won’t be disruptive.”
This quote from Jimmy LaSalvia of GOProud, is in response to Charles Moran, Log Cabin national spokesperson for saying he saw common ground between the goals of LCRs and GetEQUAL.
But, Jimmy, what the hell are you talking about?! The Log Cabin Republicans are the only LGBT organization with an active legal challenge to the ‘Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell’ policy. But you should know this Jimmy. You once worked for LCRs.
As the saying goes, you are welcome to your own opinions, but you are not welcome to your own facts!