- Day 2 begins.... #MG18 https://t.co/JcvlPYHYt6 1 week ago
- Chillin’ in Bywater waiting for some ribs. #MG18 #NOLA @ The Joint instagram.com/p/Be6axOClA-K/ 1 week ago
- RT @RailTransitOPS: 1:00P Update: #WMATA is continuing to single track at #DupontCircle via the #ShadyGrove track Train delays are in exce… 1 month ago
- AVOID the red line if you can! Something’s going on between Dupont and Farr North. They are single tracking. #mess. @unsuckdcmetro 1 month ago
- About to watch Thomas Crown Affair for the first time. The original version. 1 month ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
Morning Shot: May 19, 2010
May 19, 2010Posted by on
- Birthday Shots
Today shots go out to a duo of controversial people – Ho Chi Minh and Malcolm X, Andre the Giant, punk rock legend Joey Ramone, and former Bond girl Grace Jones (A View to a Kill).
- This Day in History
A three-year-old boy dies of avian influenza in Hong Kong on this day in 1997. By the time the outbreak was controlled, six people were dead and 1.6 million domestic fowl were destroyed. And then there was SARS.
- BYE BYE BYE
It shouldn’t be much of a surprise that I was giddy last night when it was declared that Senator Snarlin’ Arlen Specter was defeated in the Democratic primary. Although I will say that I wasn’t as giddy as Rachel Maddow over on MSNBC. She seemed to revel in the fact that liberal Democrats were taking the charge in the polls. She was absolutely besides herself about Sestak defeating Specter and denying him a sixth term in the Senate. And she could hardly contain her happiness that Lt. Gov. Bill Halter was less than two points behind Arkansas Senator Blanche Lincoln and forced her into a runoff in a few weeks. Just wait until November!
- Yes, I’m a Gleek!
Last night, Glee had another amazing performance, highlighted by guess performances by Neil Patrick Harris (@ActuallyNPH) and Adina Menzel. But that wasn’t the best thing about Glee this week. Vogue Magazine has an amazing pic of Matthew Morrison’s Will Shuester. Wowzah!!!