- He was trying to save face on news the councils were disintegrating. Strategy Forum planned to inform the WH b4 making announcement public. 3 days ago
- RT @DougHeye: After that Trump press conference, I don't know how I can tell any minority why they should vote Republican. 3 days ago
- 2 days ago, he says he has tons of CEOs wanting to join. Now he disbands business advisory councils after more CEOs quit. 3 days ago
- I will still champion conservative principles. I'll still fervently support LCRs. I'll return when you're gone. And pick up the pieces. 3/3 3 days ago
- You are giving aid & comfort to these assholes. I just can't anymore. As long as you are the leader of the GOP, I will not be a member. 2/3 3 days ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
Morning Shot: May 17, 2010
May 17, 2010Posted by on
- Birthday Shots
Today shots go out to NKOTB band member Jordan Knight, Nine Inch Nails front man Trent Reznor, boxing champion Sugar Ray Leonard, Bill Paxton (Apollo 13, Twister), Dennis Hopper (Easy Rider, Speed), and the original Jane, Maureen O’Sullivan (Tarzan).
- This Day in History
In a major civil rights victory, the U.S. Supreme Court hands down an unanimous decision in Brown v. Board of Education of Topeka, ruling that racial segregation in public educational facilities is unconstitutional. The historic decision, which brought an end to federal tolerance of racial segregation, specifically dealt with Linda Brown, a young African American girl who had been denied admission to her local elementary school in Topeka, Kansas, because of the color of her skin.
- Will Kagan Do Better Than Sotomayer?
Last year, Sonia Sotomayor received 68 votes towards her confirmation as an Associate Justice to the Supreme Court of the United States. This weekend, Senator Jon Kyl (R-AZ), the Senate’s second-ranking Republican said that Elena Kagan is unlikely to face a Republican filibuster. Given that 7 current GOP Senators voted to confirm Kagan as Solicitor General last year, it will be interesting to see which, if any, of those Senators vote to oppose her elevation to the highest court in the land.
- It’s So Hard to Say Goodbye
Over the course of this last week, we’ve had to say goodbye to two musical legends. And while their musical style and taste couldn’t be further apart, it is sad to see them both leave us. Last weekend, Lena Horne, the enchanting jazz singer and actress left us at the age of 92. There aren’t many people who have NOT heard her signature song, “Stormy Weather.” And yesterday, Ronnie James Dio, the heavy metal legend who replaced Ozzy Osbourne in Black Sabbath and later was the front man for the band Dio, died of stomach cancer. Thank you both for the songs, the music, and the memories.