- RT @ladygaga: Nothing more beautiful than everyone putting their differences aside to help humanity in the face of catastrophe. #OneAmerica… 18 hours ago
- Great new (for most of you)! Doc says I’m NOT dying today. Sorry haters. LOL 1 week ago
- It’s not the monthly pass I had last month, but I’ll take it for the week. Thanks @Uber_DC ! https://t.co/dvZVwEdj0r 2 weeks ago
- A tropical storm forming in the Caribbean? South of Nicaragua? What the... 2 weeks ago
- Song of the Month! youtu.be/S3J_3mcOwdQ 2 weeks ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
Morning Shot: May 12, 2010
May 12, 2010Posted by on
- Birthday Shots
Today’s shots go out to Washington Blade’s hottie News & Multimedia Editor Joshua Lynsen, funny man Jason Biggs (American Pie), skateboarding superstar Tony Hawk, actor Ving Rhames (Pulp Fiction, Mission Impossible), and legendary Katherine Hepburn.
- This Day in History
The body of aviation hero Charles Lindbergh’s baby is found on this day in 1932, more than two months after he was kidnapped from his family’s Hopewell, New Jersey, mansion. Lindbergh, who became the first worldwide celebrity five years earlier when he flew The Spirit of St. Louis across the Atlantic, and his wife Anne discovered a ransom note in their 20-month-old child’s empty room on March 1. The kidnapper had used a ladder to climb up to the open second-floor window and had left muddy footprints in the room. The ransom note demanded $50,000 in barely literate English.
- Is No Incumbent Safe?
Last night, just days after three term (18 years) Senator Bob Bennett (R-UT) was sacked in his primary, Rep. Alan Mollohan, 14-term incumbent (28 years), has been defeated by state Sen. Mike Oliverio in West Virginia’s Democratic primary. The one thing this shows is that there is not a purge solely in the Republican party. There is a purge all the way around. And like I said yesterday, is Sen. Arlen Specter (D-turned-R-turned-D) next?
- We’ll Tax You When Our Jobs are Safe
Thanks to DC Ward 6 City Council candidate Jim DeMartino (@JimDeMartino) for bringing this to my attention. From Monday’s DCist, Mayoral candidate basically says that after the DC Council is safely re-elected, THEN they would raise taxes!