- #ChewonThis: Lunchtime Links dcbigpappa.wordpress.com/2017/06/26/che… 20 hours ago
- But still, it's been more than the original 90 days. Where's your plan?! 20 hours ago
- 9-0. 20 hours ago
- CNN Is Imposing Strict New Rules on Its Russia Coverage... At least they're realizing they are losing credidibility. 1 day ago
- Just had the best @Uber_DC ride EVER! Jane was and other passengers were so much fun! https://t.co/VIoQW9rpb7 2 days ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
Morning Shot: May 10, 2010
May 10, 2010Posted by on
- Birthday Shots
Today’s shots go out to Sex Pistol front man Sid Vicious, NFL broadcaster Pat Summerall, and song and dance legand Fred Astaire
- This Day in History
On this day in 1869, the presidents of the Union Pacific and Central Pacific railroads meet in Promontory, Utah, and drive a ceremonial last spike into a rail line that connects their railroads. This made transcontinental railroad travel possible for the first time in U.S. history. No longer would western-bound travelers need to take the long and dangerous journey by wagon train, and the West would surely lose some of its wild charm with the new connection to the civilized East
- The Court is Now in Session
According to multiple media reports, in less than an hour, President Obama will select Solicitor General Elena Kagan as the 112th justice to the Supreme Court of the United States, his second nomination in as many years. While the hearings will be arduous, I have no doubt that she will be confirmed. Fourteen months ago, she garnered seven GOP votes for current position, including those of Tom Coburn and Orrin Hatch. What is interesting is that Arlen Specter as a Republican voted against her nomination.
- Betty White Brings the House Down
Last Saturday, 88 ½ year old Betty White for the first time hosted Saturday Night Live. And my oh my, was she worth the wait – not that I watch SNL with any regularity. There were two scenes that were extremely noteworthy. The first being McGruder and the second being The Delicious Dish. Her running double entendre talking about her “muffin” was to die for, which elicited lines like “I can’t wait to taste your muffin,” and “It’s suprisingly salty.” But the line that brought the house down was “My muffin hasn’t had a cherry since 1939.” I think tears started rolling down my cheek at that point. If you missed it, go find it on Hulu