- RT @ladygaga: Nothing more beautiful than everyone putting their differences aside to help humanity in the face of catastrophe. #OneAmerica… 18 hours ago
- Great new (for most of you)! Doc says I’m NOT dying today. Sorry haters. LOL 1 week ago
- It’s not the monthly pass I had last month, but I’ll take it for the week. Thanks @Uber_DC ! https://t.co/dvZVwEdj0r 2 weeks ago
- A tropical storm forming in the Caribbean? South of Nicaragua? What the... 2 weeks ago
- Song of the Month! youtu.be/S3J_3mcOwdQ 2 weeks ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
Morning Shot: May 3, 2010
May 3, 2010Posted by on
- Birthday Shots
Today shots go out to the Godfather of Soul, Mr. James Brown, singer Christopher Cross (Authur’s Theme, Sailing), former boxing champ Sugar Ray Lewis, and the legendary Bing Crosby.
- This Day in History
A ski-modified U.S. Air Force C-47 piloted by Lieutenant Colonel Joseph O. Fletcher of Oklahoma and Lieutenant Colonel William P. Benedict of California becomes the first aircraft to land on the North Pole. A moment later, Fletcher climbed out of the plane and walked to the exact geographic North Pole, probably the first person in history to do so.
- The Last Temptation of (Charlie) Crist
After hearing all of the professional prognosticators over the weekend, I stand by my previous Charlie Crist statement. As Uncle Jesse (Helmes) used to say, “the only things in the middle of the road area a yellow stripe and a dead skunk.” If he really wanted to have a chance to win a Senate seat, he should have switched to the Democrat party and beat Rep. Kendrick Meek in that primary, so there would only be two in the November race.
- Hawaii 5-0
Look out Nancy Pelosi, you may have a fresh face to deal with. According to multiple media reports, Honolulu City Councilman and Log Cabin Republicans endorsed Charles Djou holds an 8 point lead in the special election to fill former Rep. Neil Abercrombie’s seat. Djou leads with 36 percent, former Rep. Ed Case is chasing at 28 percent, and state Senate President Colleen Hanabusa is trailing with 22 percent. Thirteen percent were undecided.
- Rockin’ Robin (tweet tweet retweet)
@marclamonthill IRONY ALERT: Chris Brown is singing the National Anthem at a BOXING match. Fire his manager immediately.
@JulieBanderas haven’t watched t.v. lately so i turn it on and just watched Jay Leno at whcd.. wow, more painful than breasfeeding.
@4yourcountry #URaDCidiot if you forget entitlements never end, wars do #tcot