- WTF South Texas?! 1 week ago
- Ho hum. My @Uber_DC pass is not a good deal this month. :-( 2 weeks ago
- Not even a last name. Well, at least they could have spelled my other name correctly... https://t.co/ognv9VFL3n 2 weeks ago
- The thing I look forward to the most on Halloween is to what @ActuallyNPH and his family dress up as! This year, on… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 weeks ago
- Woke up to a random girl in my bed. First time THAT’S ever happened!!! #RoommateChronicles #NotWaltersRoom 2 weeks ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
Morning Shot: April 30, 2010
April 30, 2010Posted by on
- Birthday Shots
Birthday shots today go out to country music legend and Texas native Willie Nelson, Kirsten Dunst (Spider-Man, Bring It On) and Cloris Leachman (Lassie, Gunsmoke, Mary Tyler Moore, Facts of Life).
- This Day in History
George Washington took office in New York in 1789 as the first president of the United States. Also, in 1803, the United States purchased the Louisiana Territory from France. And nine years, later, Louisiana became the 18th state.
- Hanging with the Morgans!
On Wednesday, I had the pleasure of attending a fundraising event for Marc Morgan, who is running for DC City Council in Ward 1. There was a plethora of who’s who among the local GOP establishment. Marc has amassed a great team to help him towards his victory (which I think he can and will win). I can’t wait for the rest of DC to meet Marc. He will be a great Councilman.
- Still Sharp After 40 Years
That’s the new tag line on the newly relaunched Washington Blade. Yesterday, at Hotel Palomar, the staff of the Blade, along with 200 or so friends and supporters relaunched the most important publication of the LGBT movement. Blade Publisher Lynne Brown spoke to the gathered masses, and then greeted everyone with an advanced copy of the first new issue that is now available EVERYWHERE. I am so happy the Blade is back, and I hope to have more articles and op-eds published on its pages soon.