- RT @RailTransitOPS: 1:00P Update: #WMATA is continuing to single track at #DupontCircle via the #ShadyGrove track Train delays are in exce… 1 week ago
- AVOID the red line if you can! Something’s going on between Dupont and Farr North. They are single tracking. #mess. @unsuckdcmetro 1 week ago
- About to watch Thomas Crown Affair for the first time. The original version. 2 weeks ago
- RT @dcfireems: Congratulations to the "Alley Rats", Engine 21 in @ItsAdamsMorgan, celebrating 109 years of dedicated service to the Distric… 3 weeks ago
- CityPaper staff balked when there was talk of a conservative buying the paper. Now, with no perspective buyer, curr… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 month ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
American Idol Top Six
April 28, 2010Posted by on
We’re at a weird point where I like everyone who’s still in the competition. Some, more than others, but there’s not a single person I don’t like. I probably could have said that after Katie Stevens was voted off, but I’ll say it now. This week, we had the music of Shania Twain, with Shania herself on hand to mentor.
Lee – Still the One
He tried to mix it up, but it sounded a little pitchy. Pick a key and stay there. You’re not Velvet Revolver.
Big Mike – It Only Hurts When I’m Breathing
Wait! Is this a Shania song or a Maxwell song? It’s very R&B and very contemporary. Good job!
Casey – Don’t
Great start, but it quickly got nasal and boring. I see a trend here. Last week was Don’t Stop, this week is Don’t. Will he be around to sign at all next week?
Crystal – No One Needs to Know
Love the 5-man band that she’s leading. A great bluegrass sound, yet very modern. Very stripped down and unplugged. The first real sounding country song.
Aaron – You Got a Way
It started off a little flat. It’s hard for a 17 year old to sing this song with conviction. Nice money note at the end though. Oh! You’re singing this about your mom? Ewww.
Siobhan – Any Man of Mine
This just seems sort of weird from start to finish. Though those last 20 seconds were amazing!
My bottom three are Casey, Aaron, & Siobhan (for the first time).
And going home tonight will be… AARON