- Day 2 begins.... #MG18 https://t.co/JcvlPYHYt6 1 week ago
- Chillin’ in Bywater waiting for some ribs. #MG18 #NOLA @ The Joint instagram.com/p/Be6axOClA-K/ 1 week ago
- RT @RailTransitOPS: 1:00P Update: #WMATA is continuing to single track at #DupontCircle via the #ShadyGrove track Train delays are in exce… 1 month ago
- AVOID the red line if you can! Something’s going on between Dupont and Farr North. They are single tracking. #mess. @unsuckdcmetro 1 month ago
- About to watch Thomas Crown Affair for the first time. The original version. 1 month ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
Morning Shot: April 27, 2010
April 27, 2010Posted by on
- Birthday Shots
Today’s shots go out to singer Sheena Easton (Morning Train, For Your Eyes Only), radio uber-celeb Casey Kasem (American Top 40), Coretta Scott King, and President and General Ulysses S. Grant.
- This Day in History
Russia and 12 other former Soviet republics won entry into the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank.
- First a Bag Tax, Next a Bottle Tax?
DC Councilmember Tommy Wells (Ward 6 – Capital Hill) said yesterday that he sees less trash today than he did a year ago, thanks in part to the 5-cent fee for plastic bags that he passed last year. He’s hoping to find a strategy for disposable bottles. But hold your horses. Once this story broke and started to spread like wild fire, he was forced to send out a tweet.
@TommyWells For the record. I have not proposed a fee for plastic bottles. But I do wish we could do something about them.
Luckily, we have Jim DeMartino who is the GOP candidate running against him this year.
- The Blade is Back!
I am happy as a clam to report that the Washington Blade is back and better than ever! According to the story brought to you here earlier and WaPo, “In late February, staffers bought the newspaper’s name, copyright, trademark, archives, computers and office furniture for $15,000. Twenty-five thousand copies of the first edition of a redesigned Blade will hit the streets Friday.” This is indeed a joyous occasion! Looking forward to the relaunch party Thursday night.