- RT @RailTransitOPS: 1:00P Update: #WMATA is continuing to single track at #DupontCircle via the #ShadyGrove track Train delays are in exce… 1 week ago
- AVOID the red line if you can! Something’s going on between Dupont and Farr North. They are single tracking. #mess. @unsuckdcmetro 1 week ago
- About to watch Thomas Crown Affair for the first time. The original version. 2 weeks ago
- RT @dcfireems: Congratulations to the "Alley Rats", Engine 21 in @ItsAdamsMorgan, celebrating 109 years of dedicated service to the Distric… 3 weeks ago
- CityPaper staff balked when there was talk of a conservative buying the paper. Now, with no perspective buyer, curr… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 month ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
Morning Shot: April 26, 2010
April 26, 2010Posted by on
- Birthday Shots
Today shots go out to CW’s hunky Superman Tom Welling (Smallville), martial arts actor Jet Li (Romeo Must Die, Lethal Weapon 4), and ultimate funny lady Carol Burnett (tugs ear!).
- This Day in History
On April 26, 1954, the Salk polio vaccine field trials, involving 1.8 million children, begin at the Franklin Sherman Elementary School in McLean, Virginia.
- Funeral Services
Last week, I was given the sad news of the passing of Big Rob, Rob Jackson. For those who are interested in attending, final services for Robert Jackson who passed Wednesday, April 21st will take place at the Fifteenth Street Presbyterian Church on Wednesday, April 28th. Burial services will be held at Lincoln Cemetery in Suitland Maryland. The viewing is from 9am-11am, and service to follow. The address of Fifteenth Street Presbyterian is 1701 15th St., NW (corner of 15th and R Street).
- A Chili Bowl Named Ben
One of the most famous eateries in the nation’s capital is by far, Ben’s Chili Bowl. If you’ve had the pleasure of a half smoke or any number of their other specialties, you will know why this attracts the run of the mill and the most powerful alike. First made famous by Howard University alum Bill Cosby, Ben’s easily has a who’s who of celebrities who make their pilgrimage upon arriving in Washington. Most recently, President Barack Obama has made a few visits, as has French President Nicolas Sarkozy when he was in town the other week for the nuclear summit. And just last week, Top Chef host Tom Colicchio tweeted that he was getting’ down on a half smoke.
- Rockin’ Robin (tweet tweet tweet)
This is a new feature that I stole from a friend of mine (see Derrick, I told you I would give you credit). Here, I will weekly post a few interesting tweets from people I follow from the past few days.
@mikedebonis Faith calls for condos to be immediately converted to Section 8. If Tea Party is looking for a real socialist, here ya go.
@keder Just got my propaganda from @thinkprogress. ‘Holding Wall Street Accountable’ — when are they going to ask about holding gov’t accountable?
@boogdogDC Since the diet starts Monday, I’ll go ahead and eat this cupcake.
[which elicited this reply…]
@claddah76 @boogdogDC diet for what – ur already damn skinny – eat the cupcake and bacon cheese burger #loveyameanit