- RT @RailTransitOPS: 1:00P Update: #WMATA is continuing to single track at #DupontCircle via the #ShadyGrove track Train delays are in exce… 1 week ago
- AVOID the red line if you can! Something’s going on between Dupont and Farr North. They are single tracking. #mess. @unsuckdcmetro 1 week ago
- About to watch Thomas Crown Affair for the first time. The original version. 2 weeks ago
- RT @dcfireems: Congratulations to the "Alley Rats", Engine 21 in @ItsAdamsMorgan, celebrating 109 years of dedicated service to the Distric… 3 weeks ago
- CityPaper staff balked when there was talk of a conservative buying the paper. Now, with no perspective buyer, curr… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 month ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
Morning Shot: April 21, 2010
April 21, 2010Posted by on
- This Day in History – San Jacinto Day
This goes out to all my Texans!!! Happy San Jacinto Day! San Jacinto Day is the celebration of the Battle of San Jacinto on April 21, 1836. It was the final battle of the Texas Revolution where Texas won its independence from Mexico. It is an official holiday according to the State of Texas. True Texans, not those Johnny-come-latelys, celebrate and show their Texas Pride with a full day of living history camps, period demonstrations and family entertainment.
- The Tax Man Cometh
Yesterday, DC Councilmember Jim Graham (Ward 1) introduced a bill that would levy a 10-cent per gallon gas tax to help alleviate WMATA’s $189 million budget shortfall. Not to worry. It’s not as effed up as the cigarette tax from last year. This tax would only become effective once other jurisdictions in Maryland and Virginia that govern Metro implement similar legislation. Oh joy!
- NFL, Part 1
Yesterday, the 2010 schedule came out for the National Football League. If you’re feeling charitable, my beloved Dallas Cowboys open the new season on the road here in the nation’s capital against the Washington Deadskins on September 12th. That happens to be a mere eight days before my 40th birthday! That would be a most wonderful birthday present!! (hint hint)
- NFL, Part Deux
First of all, let me say that ESPN is pissing me off! I won’t even get into what they have planned for March Madness next year. I’ll just stick to the pigskin. For years and years, the first round of the NFL draft has been on 3rd or 4th Saturday of April, starting at 12 noon. That would allow the rabid fan to plan his entire day around sitting in front of the boobtube waiting for their team to be on the clock and seeing who they would pick. Not this year! The draft is tonight at 7:30pm. WTF?!?!?!?!