- RT @RailTransitOPS: 1:00P Update: #WMATA is continuing to single track at #DupontCircle via the #ShadyGrove track Train delays are in exce… 6 days ago
- AVOID the red line if you can! Something’s going on between Dupont and Farr North. They are single tracking. #mess. @unsuckdcmetro 6 days ago
- About to watch Thomas Crown Affair for the first time. The original version. 2 weeks ago
- RT @dcfireems: Congratulations to the "Alley Rats", Engine 21 in @ItsAdamsMorgan, celebrating 109 years of dedicated service to the Distric… 3 weeks ago
- CityPaper staff balked when there was talk of a conservative buying the paper. Now, with no perspective buyer, curr… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 month ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
American Idol Top Seven
April 21, 2010Posted by on
As a lead in to Idol Gives Back, this week brings us songs of inspiration. Perhaps it is these next two to three weeks where we will finally see some parity between the sexes. Currently, there are five guys and two girls. If last night was any indication, guys will go home each of the next three weeks.
Casey – Don’t Stop
This was a good and solid performance, but it was the same as the last two weeks. There was nothing to stand out about this performance.
Lee – The Boxer
I didn’t recognize the song until the chorus (LA LA LAs). Lots of emotion in this performance. No chance of leaving tonight.
Tim – Better Days
Well Tim, yes you have seen better days. This performance was pitchy from the first note. Wait! Is it over? Good. Very forgettable.
Aaron – I Believe I Can Fly
Let’s pause the TiVo for a second. Which version are we going to get? R Kelly or Yolanda Adams? Pitchy and boring. It’s the R Kelly version. He hit the money note at the end though.
Siobhan – When You Believe
Am I in church? You go girl! Great control and an amazing money note. And I love the dress. The judges didn’t quite care for it, but she should be safe.
Big Mike – Hero
This started out a little pitchy. He didn’t really connect with the song. It’s not gonna be a good results show for you.
Crystal – People Get Ready
Great accapella start! Glad she switched it up without her guitar. Great performance, even the emotional part at the end. Wait! Did they really let her re-sing the end of the song for the recap? She’s definitely safe, but I don’t think they should have done that.
My bottom three are Tim, Big Mike & Aaron.
And going home tonight will be… This is a very difficult choice, but I will say Aaron. That being said, I will be a little pissed if they eliminate no one in the spirit of “giving” and have another double elimination next week.