- The first woman to start a bank — a black woman — finally gets her due in the Confederacy’s capital washingtonpost.com/news/retropoli… 1 day ago
- Newly Disclosed Clinton-era Memo Says Presidents Can Be Indicted nytimes.com/interactive/20… 1 day ago
- Welcome to Golden, Colorado! https://t.co/23dRKRigLN 1 day ago
- RT @EWErickson: So we can't trust Mueller b/c too many of his staff gave money to Democrats. But we can trust Scaramucci who, like Trump,… 1 day ago
- In the words of Dave Matthews singing Typical Situation Live, "Lost somewhere in Red Rocks...." https://t.co/5zl439gpek 1 day ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
American Idol Top Seven
April 21, 2010Posted by on
As a lead in to Idol Gives Back, this week brings us songs of inspiration. Perhaps it is these next two to three weeks where we will finally see some parity between the sexes. Currently, there are five guys and two girls. If last night was any indication, guys will go home each of the next three weeks.
Casey – Don’t Stop
This was a good and solid performance, but it was the same as the last two weeks. There was nothing to stand out about this performance.
Lee – The Boxer
I didn’t recognize the song until the chorus (LA LA LAs). Lots of emotion in this performance. No chance of leaving tonight.
Tim – Better Days
Well Tim, yes you have seen better days. This performance was pitchy from the first note. Wait! Is it over? Good. Very forgettable.
Aaron – I Believe I Can Fly
Let’s pause the TiVo for a second. Which version are we going to get? R Kelly or Yolanda Adams? Pitchy and boring. It’s the R Kelly version. He hit the money note at the end though.
Siobhan – When You Believe
Am I in church? You go girl! Great control and an amazing money note. And I love the dress. The judges didn’t quite care for it, but she should be safe.
Big Mike – Hero
This started out a little pitchy. He didn’t really connect with the song. It’s not gonna be a good results show for you.
Crystal – People Get Ready
Great accapella start! Glad she switched it up without her guitar. Great performance, even the emotional part at the end. Wait! Did they really let her re-sing the end of the song for the recap? She’s definitely safe, but I don’t think they should have done that.
My bottom three are Tim, Big Mike & Aaron.
And going home tonight will be… This is a very difficult choice, but I will say Aaron. That being said, I will be a little pissed if they eliminate no one in the spirit of “giving” and have another double elimination next week.