- WTF South Texas?! 1 week ago
- Ho hum. My @Uber_DC pass is not a good deal this month. :-( 2 weeks ago
- Not even a last name. Well, at least they could have spelled my other name correctly... https://t.co/ognv9VFL3n 2 weeks ago
- The thing I look forward to the most on Halloween is to what @ActuallyNPH and his family dress up as! This year, on… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 weeks ago
- Woke up to a random girl in my bed. First time THAT’S ever happened!!! #RoommateChronicles #NotWaltersRoom 2 weeks ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
Morning Shot: April 20, 2010
April 20, 2010Posted by on
- This Day in History
On April 20, 1980, the Castro regime announces that all Cubans wishing to emigrate to the U.S. are free to board boats at the port of Mariel west of Havana, launching the Mariel Boatlift. The first of 125,000 Cuban refugees from Mariel reached Florida the next day.
- The passing of a pioneer
Dr. Dorothy Height, one of the Mothers of the civil rights movement passed away this morning. According to the National Council of Negro Women, she died of natural causes. She was extremely instramental in the struggles for school desegregation, voting rights, employment and public accommodations (you know, those restrooms and water fountains for whites only).
From WaPo, “In the turmoil of the civil rights struggles in the 1960s, Ms. Heights helped orchestrate strategy with movement leaders including the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr., Roy Wilkins, A. Philip Randolph, Whitney Young, James Farmer, Bayard Rustin and John Lewis, who later served as a Democratic member of the U.S. House of Representatives from Georgia.”
- Oh Nellie’s…Robbed… WTF?
Several local blogs yesterday reported that Nellie’s Sports Bar, where DC Log Cabin Republicans have their monthly happy hours, was robbed in broad day light at gun point. Borderstan.com first the story, and then 14th&U picked it up. And DC wants to keep law abiding citizens from having guns.