- He was trying to save face on news the councils were disintegrating. Strategy Forum planned to inform the WH b4 making announcement public. 3 days ago
- RT @DougHeye: After that Trump press conference, I don't know how I can tell any minority why they should vote Republican. 3 days ago
- 2 days ago, he says he has tons of CEOs wanting to join. Now he disbands business advisory councils after more CEOs quit. 3 days ago
- I will still champion conservative principles. I'll still fervently support LCRs. I'll return when you're gone. And pick up the pieces. 3/3 3 days ago
- You are giving aid & comfort to these assholes. I just can't anymore. As long as you are the leader of the GOP, I will not be a member. 2/3 3 days ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
Morning Shot: April 20, 2010
April 20, 2010Posted by on
- This Day in History
On April 20, 1980, the Castro regime announces that all Cubans wishing to emigrate to the U.S. are free to board boats at the port of Mariel west of Havana, launching the Mariel Boatlift. The first of 125,000 Cuban refugees from Mariel reached Florida the next day.
- The passing of a pioneer
Dr. Dorothy Height, one of the Mothers of the civil rights movement passed away this morning. According to the National Council of Negro Women, she died of natural causes. She was extremely instramental in the struggles for school desegregation, voting rights, employment and public accommodations (you know, those restrooms and water fountains for whites only).
From WaPo, “In the turmoil of the civil rights struggles in the 1960s, Ms. Heights helped orchestrate strategy with movement leaders including the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr., Roy Wilkins, A. Philip Randolph, Whitney Young, James Farmer, Bayard Rustin and John Lewis, who later served as a Democratic member of the U.S. House of Representatives from Georgia.”
- Oh Nellie’s…Robbed… WTF?
Several local blogs yesterday reported that Nellie’s Sports Bar, where DC Log Cabin Republicans have their monthly happy hours, was robbed in broad day light at gun point. Borderstan.com first the story, and then 14th&U picked it up. And DC wants to keep law abiding citizens from having guns.