- Artist of the Day: The Black Crowes. Fave songs 1) Hard to Handle 2) She Talks to Angels 3) Remedy https://t.co/VXtVUlfRIr 22 hours ago
- Soooo happy to see @thescottevans on TV again! And the unstoppable @VWOfficial !! #werk @DaytimeDivas #guilypleasure 1 day ago
- Artist of the Day: Shawn Mendes Fave songs: (1) Treat You Better (2) There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back (3) Mercy https://t.co/ZLqFmEqEt8 3 days ago
- Sky opened up about 30 min earlier than expect. #wetpappa 6 days ago
- Artist of the Day: Jody Watley. Fave 3 songs: 1) Friends 2) Looking for a New Love 3) Real Love https://t.co/cvgbIQ1Jsq 6 days ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
Morning Shot: April 16, 2010
April 16, 2010Posted by on
- Now You See It, Now You Don’t
A week or so ago, DC Schools Chancellor Michelle Rhee announced that the school systems’ budget had a $34 million surplus. That was to be the major source of funding for the new labor contract for teachers. Not so, according to Natwar Gandhi, the Chief Financial Officer of the District. This morning, WaPo posted a stinging letter from Gandhi rebuking Rhee. Oh what fun!
- Parking Backlash
As a way to bridge a gaping budget gap, Hizzoner – Mayor Fenty, proposed increasing parking meter fees to $3. That would mean each quarter you put in the meter would buy you five minutes of time. FIVE MINUTES! AAA Mid-Atlantic slammed Hizzoner, accusing him of viewing motorists who travel through the District as an “ATM cash machine.” The plan has also been criticized by restaurant owners and neighborhood activists, who say the prices would anger residents and turn away tourists.
- CBS in Deep DooDoo… Again
First it was Dan Rather and his phony story about then Governor George W. Bush. Now it’s CBS and the Obama White House. Earlier this week, Ben Domenech, who blogs for CBS News, wrote that President Obama would please much of his base by picking the first openly gay justice, referring to Solicitor General Elena Kagan. Team Obama balked, and CBS yanked the story. Just to add fuel to the fire, Domenech later added an update to the post saying: “I have to correct my text here to say that Kagan is apparently still closeted — odd, because her female partner is rather well known in Harvard circles.”