- The first woman to start a bank — a black woman — finally gets her due in the Confederacy’s capital washingtonpost.com/news/retropoli… 1 day ago
- Newly Disclosed Clinton-era Memo Says Presidents Can Be Indicted nytimes.com/interactive/20… 1 day ago
- Welcome to Golden, Colorado! https://t.co/23dRKRigLN 1 day ago
- RT @EWErickson: So we can't trust Mueller b/c too many of his staff gave money to Democrats. But we can trust Scaramucci who, like Trump,… 1 day ago
- In the words of Dave Matthews singing Typical Situation Live, "Lost somewhere in Red Rocks...." https://t.co/5zl439gpek 1 day ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
Comcast/Xfinity and Fox News
April 12, 2010Posted by on
I get home Sunday night only to find a Tivo message saying that “a lineup change has occurred.” Now, this is typical, but I always look to see what has been added, deleted, or moved around. Tonight, it said that TWC, the Weather Channel, has been added, and FNC, Fox News Channel, has been deleted (Message #62). WTF?!?!??!
I went and checked my ToDo list just to make sure I was reading it correctly (I had just returned from SundayFunday after all). Sure enough, both my daily doses of Your World with Neil Cavuto and Special Report with Bret Baier were no longer listed in my daily lists.
I can’t find anything online to tell me what the hell is going on. When I check Comcast/Xfinity’s website, it tells me that Fox News is still at channel 37 in my neighborhood. FoxNews.com doesn’t give me anything to go on either, except for when I do a search for Comcast. That’s when it gets interesting.
It points me to an article from last December that is titled, “Comcast to Take Majority Stake in NBC.” Things that make you go, hmmmmmmmm.
I will reserve judgment for now. But this had better be resolved by 4pm DC time so I can get my daily fix of Neil, and then Bret, two hours later.