- It seems just weeks ago newly elected French President Macron was riding high on approval & Americans feigning over… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 5 hours ago
- Just heard @CarlCameronFOX is retiring after 22 years. 😢 #CampaignCarl is the best!!! Ran into him at many political events over the years. 21 hours ago
- He was trying to save face on news the councils were disintegrating. Strategy Forum planned to inform the WH b4 making announcement public. 1 week ago
- RT @DougHeye: After that Trump press conference, I don't know how I can tell any minority why they should vote Republican. 1 week ago
- 2 days ago, he says he has tons of CEOs wanting to join. Now he disbands business advisory councils after more CEOs quit. 1 week ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
It’s No Fun Being An Illegal Elian
April 9, 2010Posted by on
I already know I’m gonna get shit from some of my friends for posting this. But it was funny then, and it’s funny now!
For those of you who are Genesis fans, I mean real fans, you will pick up on this song right away. For others, you’ve likely never heard of this 1983 song from the band’s eponymously titled album.
You see, ten years ago, back in the spring of 2000, a Cuban mother and her six year old son attempted to seek refugee in the U.S. His mother didn’t survive the trip, but the boy did. His name was Elian Gonzalez. His father in Cuba wanted his son back, while his relatives in America wanted him to stay put.
Janet Reno, then Attorney General under President Bill Clinton, ordered the return of little Elian to his father in Cuba, but the local relatives refused, which caused an international custody battle.
Ultimately, he was sent back to Cuba to be with his father. Now, ten years later, Elian is attending Cuba’s Young Communist Union congress.
To bring my point full circle, all of this brings back to mind that Genesis song I alluded to earlier – Illegal Alien. Of course just switch out alien with Elian.