- He was trying to save face on news the councils were disintegrating. Strategy Forum planned to inform the WH b4 making announcement public. 4 days ago
- RT @DougHeye: After that Trump press conference, I don't know how I can tell any minority why they should vote Republican. 4 days ago
- 2 days ago, he says he has tons of CEOs wanting to join. Now he disbands business advisory councils after more CEOs quit. 4 days ago
- I will still champion conservative principles. I'll still fervently support LCRs. I'll return when you're gone. And pick up the pieces. 3/3 4 days ago
- You are giving aid & comfort to these assholes. I just can't anymore. As long as you are the leader of the GOP, I will not be a member. 2/3 4 days ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
April 2, 2010Posted by on
Yesterday, I played hooky and went down to the Tidal Basin to take in the Cherry Blossoms. Each year at the beginning of spring, these heavenly trees reach full bloom usually some time between the last week of March and the first week of April. I knew that waiting until the weekend would try my patience with the hoards of tourists and locals alike all rushing to enjoy this wonderful weather.
For those who are unaware of cherry blossoms, according to Wikipedia, Japan gave 3,020 cherry blossom trees as a gift to the United States in 1912 to celebrate the nations’ then-growing friendship.
Here in DC, they line the Tidal Basin, which is home to some of our most precious monuments. The Jefferson Memorial is to the south, The Washington Monument to the north, FDR and soon to be added, MLK are to the west. In the not so far distant westward skyline, you can see the Air Force Memorial.
Surprisingly, Thursday afternoon was a popular time as well. There were literally thousands of people out taking advantage of the mild sun and light winds. I managed my way over to my favorite spot in the entire city – a bench with Mr. Jefferson, with Mr. Washington to my left just in my peripheral sight. Once the bench became available, I did what I love to do best – smoked a cigar. It was a Romeo y Julieta Churchill. And it was absolutely amazing.