- Nothing makes one home sick like this song. ♬ 'Austin' - Shelton, Blake ♪ 1 day ago
- OMG!!! I need to be in Texas right now!!!!!! instagram.com/p/7BdLSpGVko/ 1 day ago
- Bret Michael at jrsdc? instagram.com/p/7BUykCGVgW/ 1 day ago
- Listening to this song makes me think of my good friend Monica Taylor! ♬ 'Redneck Woman' - Wilson, Gretchen ♪ moby.to/wkrm03 1 day ago
- My blog bost, Katrina, 10 Years Later: dcbigpappa.wordpress.com/2015/08/28/kat… http://t.co/StbW7X9lN1 3 days ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
Gates, A Step in the Right Direction
March 25, 2010Posted by on
The Pentagon has said that it was relax its enforcement of DADT. While many in the LGBT community (Queerty) will say that Defense Secretary Robert Gates should do more now, in fact, there is only so much he can do. The Pentagon can’t go against current law.
But no longer opening investigations based on anonymous complaints, restricting testimony from third parties, and requiring high-ranking officers to review cases are all positive steps.
From today’s Washington Post…
Gates had asked Pentagon lawyers to review whether the Defense Department had the legal discretion to enforce the “don’t ask, don’t tell” law more loosely after President Obama urged its repeal in his Jan. 27 State of the Union address.
It’s not everything our community wants to hear, but until Congress repeals the law, it is praise-worthy.