- WTF South Texas?! 2 weeks ago
- Ho hum. My @Uber_DC pass is not a good deal this month. :-( 2 weeks ago
- Not even a last name. Well, at least they could have spelled my other name correctly... https://t.co/ognv9VFL3n 2 weeks ago
- The thing I look forward to the most on Halloween is to what @ActuallyNPH and his family dress up as! This year, on… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 weeks ago
- Woke up to a random girl in my bed. First time THAT’S ever happened!!! #RoommateChronicles #NotWaltersRoom 3 weeks ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
What’s in a Status Update?
March 23, 2010Posted by on
Apparently a lot!
Over the weekend, I blogged about an alleged incident on Saturday in which several Tea Party protesters allegedly hailed verbal attacks on members of Congress – both racial and homophobic.
There are conflicting reports and I am not here to determine who said what, if at all. As I said in my previous post, if true, it disgusts me.
But was does fascinate me are the number of responses my blog post got on Facebook when I updated my status with a link to the blog. Five of my Facebook friends, three who I’ve known for ten plus years and one I went to high school with (Davy, Davy Crockett – king of the wild frontier!).
There were 18 reponses!!! And without speaking to any one particular post, I will simply say that Democrats have done it, Republicans have done it, and it is simply wrong no matter who does it!
Moreover, simply because there is no video proof does not mean it didn’t happen. Conversely, simply because one said it happened to them, does not prove it did. And that’s all I will say on that subject.
Now, going back more than twenty years, Ryland, Mr. Franzetti would be proud!