- Wait! WHAT?!!! LOL twitter.com/anncoulter/sta… 6 days ago
- A true trailblazer has left us | Edie Windsor, the mother of marriage equality, has died lgbtqnation.com/2017/09/edie-w… 1 week ago
- RT @AdamsMorganDay: Add your photos to our Adams Morgan Day Flickr pool! bit.ly/AdMoDayphotos 1 week ago
- Smooth sailing? It looks like @MayorBowser may not have a major challenger in her re-election bid. dcist.com/2017/09/dc_att… 1 week ago
- How do you sleep for 11 hours and wake up tired? Ugh! 1 week ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
Hey Tea Partyer, STFU
March 21, 2010Posted by on
I want to take a quick moment to address the nasty tone that was present yesterday at the Tea Party demonstration on Capitol Hill. Simply put, if true, it disgusts me!
According to the Washington Post,
“Members of the Congressional Black Caucus said that racial epithets were hurled at them Saturday by angry protesters who had gathered at the Capitol to protest health-care legislation, and one congressman said he was spit upon. The most high-profile openly gay congressman, Rep. Barney Frank (D-Mass.), was heckled with anti-gay chants.”
The denigration of the rhetoric that is being used must stop at once. It matters not if you agree or disagree with one’s political philosophy. You don’t shout out “nigger” and “faggot” at your political enemy!
What’s more, this was done on the eve of the 45th anniversary of the successful Selma march to Montgomery.
I may disagree with most things that Congressman John Lewis (D-GA) believes in, but one thing is a fact. He is an American hero for standing up for equal rights and civil rights at a time when doing so caused his life to be threatened.
What occurred yesterday unfortunately shifts the conversation away from the core message of the Tea Party movement, to that of talking about these racist and homophobic comments.
To those idiots who will likely hide behind the freedom of speech, SHUT THE FUCK UP!