- The first woman to start a bank — a black woman — finally gets her due in the Confederacy’s capital washingtonpost.com/news/retropoli… 2 days ago
- Newly Disclosed Clinton-era Memo Says Presidents Can Be Indicted nytimes.com/interactive/20… 2 days ago
- Welcome to Golden, Colorado! https://t.co/23dRKRigLN 3 days ago
- RT @EWErickson: So we can't trust Mueller b/c too many of his staff gave money to Democrats. But we can trust Scaramucci who, like Trump,… 3 days ago
- In the words of Dave Matthews singing Typical Situation Live, "Lost somewhere in Red Rocks...." https://t.co/5zl439gpek 3 days ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
It’s Now or Never!
March 17, 2010Posted by on
“It’s now or never!” At least that’s the word from House Republican Leader John Boehner (R-OH). I was at an event last night at the Capitol Hill Club on behalf of the Log Cabin Republicans, and during the event, Leader Boehner came in and spoke to the gathered masses for a few minutes.
As to be expected, he was asked about the prospects of the health care bill that has now been in limbo for months and months. Boehner said that Pelosi currently did NOT have the votes.
I asked about the comment of Majority Whip Jim Clyburn (D-SC) earlier that the House may postpone the vote until after the Easter break. That is when the Leader said, “It’s now or never!”
He went on to explain that if they don’t have the votes by this weekend, they most definitely won’t get them after returning home from facing their constituents.
Only time will tell.