- Great new (for most of you)! Doc says I’m NOT dying today. Sorry haters. LOL 5 days ago
- It’s not the monthly pass I had last month, but I’ll take it for the week. Thanks @Uber_DC ! https://t.co/dvZVwEdj0r 1 week ago
- A tropical storm forming in the Caribbean? South of Nicaragua? What the... 1 week ago
- Song of the Month! youtu.be/S3J_3mcOwdQ 2 weeks ago
- I hear Jerusalem bells a-ringing Roman cavalry choirs are singing 3 weeks ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
It’s Now or Never!
March 17, 2010Posted by on
“It’s now or never!” At least that’s the word from House Republican Leader John Boehner (R-OH). I was at an event last night at the Capitol Hill Club on behalf of the Log Cabin Republicans, and during the event, Leader Boehner came in and spoke to the gathered masses for a few minutes.
As to be expected, he was asked about the prospects of the health care bill that has now been in limbo for months and months. Boehner said that Pelosi currently did NOT have the votes.
I asked about the comment of Majority Whip Jim Clyburn (D-SC) earlier that the House may postpone the vote until after the Easter break. That is when the Leader said, “It’s now or never!”
He went on to explain that if they don’t have the votes by this weekend, they most definitely won’t get them after returning home from facing their constituents.
Only time will tell.