- RT @RailTransitOPS: 1:00P Update: #WMATA is continuing to single track at #DupontCircle via the #ShadyGrove track Train delays are in exce… 6 days ago
- AVOID the red line if you can! Something’s going on between Dupont and Farr North. They are single tracking. #mess. @unsuckdcmetro 6 days ago
- About to watch Thomas Crown Affair for the first time. The original version. 2 weeks ago
- RT @dcfireems: Congratulations to the "Alley Rats", Engine 21 in @ItsAdamsMorgan, celebrating 109 years of dedicated service to the Distric… 3 weeks ago
- CityPaper staff balked when there was talk of a conservative buying the paper. Now, with no perspective buyer, curr… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 month ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
It’s Now or Never!
March 17, 2010Posted by on
“It’s now or never!” At least that’s the word from House Republican Leader John Boehner (R-OH). I was at an event last night at the Capitol Hill Club on behalf of the Log Cabin Republicans, and during the event, Leader Boehner came in and spoke to the gathered masses for a few minutes.
As to be expected, he was asked about the prospects of the health care bill that has now been in limbo for months and months. Boehner said that Pelosi currently did NOT have the votes.
I asked about the comment of Majority Whip Jim Clyburn (D-SC) earlier that the House may postpone the vote until after the Easter break. That is when the Leader said, “It’s now or never!”
He went on to explain that if they don’t have the votes by this weekend, they most definitely won’t get them after returning home from facing their constituents.
Only time will tell.