- RT @ladygaga: Nothing more beautiful than everyone putting their differences aside to help humanity in the face of catastrophe. #OneAmerica… 18 hours ago
- Great new (for most of you)! Doc says I’m NOT dying today. Sorry haters. LOL 1 week ago
- It’s not the monthly pass I had last month, but I’ll take it for the week. Thanks @Uber_DC ! https://t.co/dvZVwEdj0r 2 weeks ago
- A tropical storm forming in the Caribbean? South of Nicaragua? What the... 2 weeks ago
- Song of the Month! youtu.be/S3J_3mcOwdQ 2 weeks ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
McDonnell Reverses Cuccinelli in Virginia
March 10, 2010Posted by on
Bob McDonnell today issues a directive against discrimination.
As a gay Republican, I whole heartedly applaud the decision by Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell to issue an executive directive banning discrimination in the workplace, including bias against gays and lesbians.
This executive directive comes less than a week after Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli’s opinion delivered to state college and university leaders last Thursday that said it was illegal for them to have policies that ban discrimination against gays and lesbians without a mandate from the state legislature.
There were thousands of students who protested by signing petitions and marching at various colleges and universities throughout the Commonwealth.
The Executive Directive from McDonnell, his first since becoming governor last year, further states that “any cabinet member, agency head, manager, supervisor or employee who discriminates against a state employee or prospective employee in violation of the law or this standard of conduct shall be subject to appropriate disciplinary action, ranging from reprimand to termination.”