- Hello Denver! 6 hours ago
- Artist of the Day: The Black Crowes. Fave songs 1) Hard to Handle 2) She Talks to Angels 3) Remedy https://t.co/VXtVUlfRIr 1 day ago
- Soooo happy to see @thescottevans on TV again! And the unstoppable @VWOfficial !! #werk @DaytimeDivas #guilypleasure 2 days ago
- Artist of the Day: Shawn Mendes Fave songs: (1) Treat You Better (2) There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back (3) Mercy https://t.co/ZLqFmEqEt8 4 days ago
- Sky opened up about 30 min earlier than expect. #wetpappa 1 week ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
McDonnell Reverses Cuccinelli in Virginia
March 10, 2010Posted by on
Bob McDonnell today issues a directive against discrimination.
As a gay Republican, I whole heartedly applaud the decision by Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell to issue an executive directive banning discrimination in the workplace, including bias against gays and lesbians.
This executive directive comes less than a week after Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli’s opinion delivered to state college and university leaders last Thursday that said it was illegal for them to have policies that ban discrimination against gays and lesbians without a mandate from the state legislature.
There were thousands of students who protested by signing petitions and marching at various colleges and universities throughout the Commonwealth.
The Executive Directive from McDonnell, his first since becoming governor last year, further states that “any cabinet member, agency head, manager, supervisor or employee who discriminates against a state employee or prospective employee in violation of the law or this standard of conduct shall be subject to appropriate disciplinary action, ranging from reprimand to termination.”