- WTF South Texas?! 1 week ago
- Ho hum. My @Uber_DC pass is not a good deal this month. :-( 2 weeks ago
- Not even a last name. Well, at least they could have spelled my other name correctly... https://t.co/ognv9VFL3n 2 weeks ago
- The thing I look forward to the most on Halloween is to what @ActuallyNPH and his family dress up as! This year, on… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 weeks ago
- Woke up to a random girl in my bed. First time THAT’S ever happened!!! #RoommateChronicles #NotWaltersRoom 2 weeks ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
Bait & Switch on Health Care?
March 10, 2010Posted by on
So there is this push to get the House of Representatives to take up and pass the Senate version of ObamaCare, with the promise of the Senate returning with a package of fixes and changes to be voted on via reconciliation.
Here’s a twist. What if President Obama decides to sign the bill after the House passes it?
There seems to be some rumblings in the House about this train of thought. There are a few Democrats in the House that want to attach a provision to the bill that says that unless the Senate then fixes it with the sidecar – this ‘fixing amendment bill’, that the bill passed in the House will stay in the House and never get to the President’s desk, so it doesn’t become law.
But the catch-22 is that the Senate Parliamentarian is saying that unless it becomes law, you can’t have the sidecar.
Things that make you go, “Hmmmmmmmmmmm!”