- It seems just weeks ago newly elected French President Macron was riding high on approval & Americans feigning over… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 5 hours ago
- Just heard @CarlCameronFOX is retiring after 22 years. 😢 #CampaignCarl is the best!!! Ran into him at many political events over the years. 21 hours ago
- He was trying to save face on news the councils were disintegrating. Strategy Forum planned to inform the WH b4 making announcement public. 1 week ago
- RT @DougHeye: After that Trump press conference, I don't know how I can tell any minority why they should vote Republican. 1 week ago
- 2 days ago, he says he has tons of CEOs wanting to join. Now he disbands business advisory councils after more CEOs quit. 1 week ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
Bait & Switch on Health Care?
March 10, 2010Posted by on
So there is this push to get the House of Representatives to take up and pass the Senate version of ObamaCare, with the promise of the Senate returning with a package of fixes and changes to be voted on via reconciliation.
Here’s a twist. What if President Obama decides to sign the bill after the House passes it?
There seems to be some rumblings in the House about this train of thought. There are a few Democrats in the House that want to attach a provision to the bill that says that unless the Senate then fixes it with the sidecar – this ‘fixing amendment bill’, that the bill passed in the House will stay in the House and never get to the President’s desk, so it doesn’t become law.
But the catch-22 is that the Senate Parliamentarian is saying that unless it becomes law, you can’t have the sidecar.
Things that make you go, “Hmmmmmmmmmmm!”