- Day 2 begins.... #MG18 https://t.co/JcvlPYHYt6 1 week ago
- Chillin’ in Bywater waiting for some ribs. #MG18 #NOLA @ The Joint instagram.com/p/Be6axOClA-K/ 1 week ago
- RT @RailTransitOPS: 1:00P Update: #WMATA is continuing to single track at #DupontCircle via the #ShadyGrove track Train delays are in exce… 1 month ago
- AVOID the red line if you can! Something’s going on between Dupont and Farr North. They are single tracking. #mess. @unsuckdcmetro 1 month ago
- About to watch Thomas Crown Affair for the first time. The original version. 1 month ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
What’s In a Word? FAIL
March 6, 2010Posted by on
The Bilerico Project recently posted a piece on the use of the term ‘fail’. Its author, Alex Blaze, really can’t stand the word! He starts off his piece by saying, “Fail is really, really annoying. The fad is dead. It’s time to move on.”
I got a feeling (woo-hoo) that Blaze is merely reacting to the misuse of the term. If you look at the Twitterverse, you will see the word used quite often, and in its appropriate context (e.g. my 20 minute metro ride this morning took 45 minutes #WMATAFAIL).
He equates it to the overuse of the term ‘psyche’ back in the 80s and 90s. It was famously used by Eddie Murphy in his Delirious stand up performance of the ice cream man. Now those were the days!