- WTF South Texas?! 2 weeks ago
- Ho hum. My @Uber_DC pass is not a good deal this month. :-( 2 weeks ago
- Not even a last name. Well, at least they could have spelled my other name correctly... https://t.co/ognv9VFL3n 2 weeks ago
- The thing I look forward to the most on Halloween is to what @ActuallyNPH and his family dress up as! This year, on… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 weeks ago
- Woke up to a random girl in my bed. First time THAT’S ever happened!!! #RoommateChronicles #NotWaltersRoom 3 weeks ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
What’s In a Word? FAIL
March 6, 2010Posted by on
The Bilerico Project recently posted a piece on the use of the term ‘fail’. Its author, Alex Blaze, really can’t stand the word! He starts off his piece by saying, “Fail is really, really annoying. The fad is dead. It’s time to move on.”
I got a feeling (woo-hoo) that Blaze is merely reacting to the misuse of the term. If you look at the Twitterverse, you will see the word used quite often, and in its appropriate context (e.g. my 20 minute metro ride this morning took 45 minutes #WMATAFAIL).
He equates it to the overuse of the term ‘psyche’ back in the 80s and 90s. It was famously used by Eddie Murphy in his Delirious stand up performance of the ice cream man. Now those were the days!