- Day 2 begins.... #MG18 https://t.co/JcvlPYHYt6 1 week ago
- Chillin’ in Bywater waiting for some ribs. #MG18 #NOLA @ The Joint instagram.com/p/Be6axOClA-K/ 1 week ago
- RT @RailTransitOPS: 1:00P Update: #WMATA is continuing to single track at #DupontCircle via the #ShadyGrove track Train delays are in exce… 1 month ago
- AVOID the red line if you can! Something’s going on between Dupont and Farr North. They are single tracking. #mess. @unsuckdcmetro 1 month ago
- About to watch Thomas Crown Affair for the first time. The original version. 1 month ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
Sometimes You Feel Like a Nut…at CPAC
February 19, 2010Posted by on
In what had been fairly subdued morning and afternoon sessions on the second day of the CPAC conference, during a lightning round of two-minute speeches by ten or so young activists, one Ryan Sorba, of the Young Conservatives of California, decided to make an ass out of himself.
I’d like to condemn CPAC for bringing GOPride [sic] to this event. Civil rights are grounded in natural rights. Natural rights are grounded in human nature. Human nature is a rational substance in relationship to the intelligible end of the reproductive act of reproduction. Do you understand that?
Then a funny thing happened on the way to the conservative forum. The audience, at maximum capacity awaiting Dr. Ron Paul began to boo the asshat!
Civil rights when they conflict with natural rights are contrary… Will you sit down? The lesbians at Smith College protest better than you do. The lesbians at Smith College protest better than you do.
And they continued to boo! And then he finally sat down.
As a gay Republican, it was heartwarming to see that reaction from that audience. However, to be expected, there were some in the audience who did applaud the fucker.