- Artist of the Day: The Black Crowes. Fave songs 1) Hard to Handle 2) She Talks to Angels 3) Remedy https://t.co/VXtVUlfRIr 22 hours ago
- Soooo happy to see @thescottevans on TV again! And the unstoppable @VWOfficial !! #werk @DaytimeDivas #guilypleasure 1 day ago
- Artist of the Day: Shawn Mendes Fave songs: (1) Treat You Better (2) There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back (3) Mercy https://t.co/ZLqFmEqEt8 3 days ago
- Sky opened up about 30 min earlier than expect. #wetpappa 6 days ago
- Artist of the Day: Jody Watley. Fave 3 songs: 1) Friends 2) Looking for a New Love 3) Real Love https://t.co/cvgbIQ1Jsq 6 days ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
CPAC & Marco Rubio
February 18, 2010Posted by on
Today is the beginning of the 37th Annual Conservative Political Action Conference. Sitting here in the blogger’s & media lounge is quite entertaining. I arrives late, couple with a long line to get credentials, I missed the beginning of the Marco Rubio speech.
Marco Rubio, a Republican candidate for the Senate from Florida was well received. In fact, he appears to be the belle of the CPAC ball, as Politico calls him.
Below are a few excerps from his dynamic speech.
- It’s sometimes easy to forget how special America is.
- There are those who want to use the recession to install a statist policy; use the downturn as cover not to fix America but change it.
- Elections have consequences
- Tea parties and the election in Massachusetts
- People are taking matters in their own hands. It is the single greatest push back in American history.
- It’s a choice on the very identity of our nation.
- A long list of early endorsements won’t spare you a primary.
- The US Senate has one Arlen Specter too many.
- We need to reform the tax code and the reduce tax rates across the board. End the double taxation of the capital gains tax, dividend tax, interest tax, and yes, the death tax.
- We need to capture terrorist, capture them, and bring them to justice in a military tribunal in Guantanamo, not a civil court in Manhattan.
CPAC is hosted annually by the American Conservative Union Foundation (ACUF) and is co-sponsored by more than 90 other conservative organizations. CPAC is headquartered at ACUF and it is the American Conservative Union Foundation’s largest annual conference.