- Happy Columbus Day! #MonteCristo #Red #cigar instagram.com/p/8wE7i0mVsu/ 1 day ago
- Had to go to the principal's office. Me and Principal Figgins! iqbaltheba @sagaftra @kaaydub instagram.com/p/8l6sI2GVtp/ 5 days ago
- RT @iqbaltheba: At Russell Senate bldg. with @StaceyTravis777 @Kaaydub doing the rounds for @sagaftra #sagaftra http://t.co/f8R6c5DJSS 5 days ago
- Not today, Notre Dame! Not today. 1 week ago
- It's looking like a Top 10 bloodbath! 3, 8 lost -- 6, 7 losing. 1 week ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
More Than Just a Pretty Face
February 14, 2010Posted by on
Yes, Virginia, he’s only 28 years old. And yes, Virginia, he’s a member of Congress. But Congressman Aaron Schrock (R-IL) is proving that he is more than just a pretty face.
Born just four months after Ronald Reagan was sworn in as president, Schrock is gaining accolades. He’s been appointed a deputy minority whip by Republican Whip Eric Cantor.
This morning, he made his debut appearance on Meet the Press, the top dog of the Sunday morning political talk shows. He impressively held his own with the other seasoned panel members – David Brooks, a columnist with the New York Times, former Tennessee Rep. Harold Ford, Jr. (who is weighing a primary challenge to New York Senator Kirsten Gillibrand), and MSNBC prime time queen Rachel Maddow.
Schrock gave a great retort to Maddow when she accused him of hypocrisy in voting against the stimulus bill last year, then lauding a grant that went to his district because of it. He asked of Maddow, “With all due respect, Rachel, does that mean you’re gonna give back your Bush tax cuts that you continue to rail against?”
I see another rising star within the GOP.