- WTF South Texas?! 1 week ago
- Ho hum. My @Uber_DC pass is not a good deal this month. :-( 2 weeks ago
- Not even a last name. Well, at least they could have spelled my other name correctly... https://t.co/ognv9VFL3n 2 weeks ago
- The thing I look forward to the most on Halloween is to what @ActuallyNPH and his family dress up as! This year, on… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 weeks ago
- Woke up to a random girl in my bed. First time THAT’S ever happened!!! #RoommateChronicles #NotWaltersRoom 2 weeks ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
Oh When the Saints Go Marching In
February 8, 2010Posted by on
Last night was quite the show. Super Bowl Sunday lived up to its hype as being Must See TV! Super Bowl XLIV pitted the New Orleans Saints against the Indianapolis Colts down in Miami. It was the Colts’ fourth appearance, and the Saints’ first.
I’ve never really been a Saints’ fan. Growing up in Texas, my entire life has been spent cheering for the Dallas Cowboys – America’s Team. But with the Cowboys being knocked out of the playoffs, I decided to root for the Saints.
AND THEY WON! They won big!! 31-17.
My friend @PaulMangano last night said to me on Twitter, “When you start shouting ‘WHODAT?!?’ after the big game, you sound like a bandwagon Saints fan. Nobody likes a bandwagon fan.”
He raised a very valid point. But I had to point out to him that earlier in the week I stated that I was going to be a temporary member of WhoDatNation. You see, I’m a big fan of the city of N’awins. I go down most years to NOLA for Mardi Gras.
So, while the Cowboys are still my team, last night, I rooted for the city to which I give so much of my money to (Mardi Gras, Southern Decadence, JazzFest, New Year’s Eve, weddings, and other occasions).
So a final congratulations and a big WHODAT! to the Saints. You deserve it!
Lastly, laissez le bon temps rouler!!