- RT @RailTransitOPS: 1:00P Update: #WMATA is continuing to single track at #DupontCircle via the #ShadyGrove track Train delays are in exce… 1 week ago
- AVOID the red line if you can! Something’s going on between Dupont and Farr North. They are single tracking. #mess. @unsuckdcmetro 1 week ago
- About to watch Thomas Crown Affair for the first time. The original version. 2 weeks ago
- RT @dcfireems: Congratulations to the "Alley Rats", Engine 21 in @ItsAdamsMorgan, celebrating 109 years of dedicated service to the Distric… 3 weeks ago
- CityPaper staff balked when there was talk of a conservative buying the paper. Now, with no perspective buyer, curr… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 month ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
Good News for the Blade/Agenda?
February 7, 2010Posted by on
Is there good news for the family that once was the Washington Blade and is now the DC Agenda? According to the National Lesbian & Gay Journalists Association (NLGJA), the former employees of the Washington Blade could become the owners of their former papers, at bargain-basement prices.
As you may recall, early on a Monday morning back in mid-November of last year, it was announced that Window Media had abruptly closed up shop over the weekend.
With the closing, so went use of the name ‘Washington Blade’, it’s URL, and, most importantly, its archive of 40 years of reporting on and for the LGBT community.
February 25, 2010 is the target date for announcing who wins the bids for the Blade and the other publications owned by Windows Media – Southern Voice, David, and genre.com, among others.
According to ProjectQAtlanta,
“In Washington, a $15,000 bid for the Washington Blade came from Brown Naff Pitts Omnimedia, Inc., a company that includes former employees of the Washington Blade who launched D.C. Agenda in the wake of the Blade’s collapse. They include Kevin Naff, the Blade’s former editor, former Publisher Lynne Brown and sales executive Brian Pitts.”
I wish Lynne and all of my friends over at the DC Agenda the best of luck in this endeavor. You continue to make us proud.