- It seems just weeks ago newly elected French President Macron was riding high on approval & Americans feigning over… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 5 hours ago
- Just heard @CarlCameronFOX is retiring after 22 years. 😢 #CampaignCarl is the best!!! Ran into him at many political events over the years. 22 hours ago
- He was trying to save face on news the councils were disintegrating. Strategy Forum planned to inform the WH b4 making announcement public. 1 week ago
- RT @DougHeye: After that Trump press conference, I don't know how I can tell any minority why they should vote Republican. 1 week ago
- 2 days ago, he says he has tons of CEOs wanting to join. Now he disbands business advisory councils after more CEOs quit. 1 week ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
Do As I Say…
January 29, 2010Posted by on
President Obama put lobbyists in the cross hairs during his State of the Union lecture earlier this week.
“We must take action on both ends of Pennsylvania Avenue to end the outsized influence of lobbyists. That’s why we’ve excluded lobbyists from policy-making jobs or seats on federal boards and commissions.”
How ironic is it, then, that less than 24 hours later, the administration invited those same lobbyists to participate in a series of off the record conference calls with senior officials discussing topics like job creation, education, and transparency.
According to the White House, the calls are “private and invitation only.”