- Universal Gear is officially gone! https://t.co/c6guG74slY 2 days ago
- Walking like a man, hitting like a hammer. She's a juvenile scam. Never was a quitter. Tasty like a raindrop. She's got the look. #80sFriday 1 week ago
- Last one of the day... 1 week ago
- This here's a tale for all the fellas tryin' to do what those ladies tell us. Get shot down cause ya over-zealous. #80sFriday 1 week ago
- Can you hear them? They talk about us. Telling lies, well that's no surprise. #80sFriday 1 week ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
Bon Voyage My Friend
January 29, 2010Posted by on
Last night, we danced, we drank, and we partied like it was 1999… again. And all of this was on a school night. It was one of the largest gatherings of what has infamously become known as the dchomos.
Just what are the dchomos? Well, simply put, we are a large group of gay guys sprinkled with a few straight women who live in the DC metro area and like to have a good time. Most of us found each other on Twitter over the last year. We drink, we dance, we brunch, we go to the movies, we have house parties. Nothing out of the ordinary from most groups of friends, with one exception. When we get together, it’s usually in groups of 10-20 at a time.
And last night was no exception. When I arrived at Cobalt (late), there were at least 25 dchomos gallivanting throughout the club, from the bar to the dance floor and back to the bar. What was the occasion of this mid-week outing? One of our own was leaving us. Moving all the way across the country.
What is really sad about this selfish act of leaving us is that Bryce is what gave this motley crew heart. This is not to say that others in the group don’t have empathy. Bryce just has a charming way about him. He always has a witty or pithy comment in the waiting. And he’s always there with an open ear and an understanding soul.
This morning, my good friend Bryce moved back to Arizona to be with his family. I guess now I have another reason to visit the Grand Canyon State.
Safe travels, my friend. And I am holding you to your promise of returning in a year.