- RT @RailTransitOPS: 1:00P Update: #WMATA is continuing to single track at #DupontCircle via the #ShadyGrove track Train delays are in exce… 1 week ago
- AVOID the red line if you can! Something’s going on between Dupont and Farr North. They are single tracking. #mess. @unsuckdcmetro 1 week ago
- About to watch Thomas Crown Affair for the first time. The original version. 2 weeks ago
- RT @dcfireems: Congratulations to the "Alley Rats", Engine 21 in @ItsAdamsMorgan, celebrating 109 years of dedicated service to the Distric… 3 weeks ago
- CityPaper staff balked when there was talk of a conservative buying the paper. Now, with no perspective buyer, curr… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 month ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
DADT and the State of the Union
January 27, 2010Posted by on
According to news sources, President Obama is going to mention Don’t Ask Don’t Tell tonight in his State of the Union address.
The White House has asked the Chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee, Sen. Carl Levin (D-MI), to postpone announcing a hearing that would explore repealing the law that bans openly gay people from serving in the military.
Here is my response to this latest development:
Mr. President, anything short of initiating a moratorium on the discharge of servicemembers on the basis of their sexuality until Congress has a change to act on the repeal of DADT would be unequivocally unacceptable.