- RT @ladygaga: Nothing more beautiful than everyone putting their differences aside to help humanity in the face of catastrophe. #OneAmerica… 18 hours ago
- Great new (for most of you)! Doc says I’m NOT dying today. Sorry haters. LOL 1 week ago
- It’s not the monthly pass I had last month, but I’ll take it for the week. Thanks @Uber_DC ! https://t.co/dvZVwEdj0r 2 weeks ago
- A tropical storm forming in the Caribbean? South of Nicaragua? What the... 2 weeks ago
- Song of the Month! youtu.be/S3J_3mcOwdQ 2 weeks ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
DADT and the State of the Union
January 27, 2010Posted by on
According to news sources, President Obama is going to mention Don’t Ask Don’t Tell tonight in his State of the Union address.
The White House has asked the Chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee, Sen. Carl Levin (D-MI), to postpone announcing a hearing that would explore repealing the law that bans openly gay people from serving in the military.
Here is my response to this latest development:
Mr. President, anything short of initiating a moratorium on the discharge of servicemembers on the basis of their sexuality until Congress has a change to act on the repeal of DADT would be unequivocally unacceptable.