- Hello Denver! 6 hours ago
- Artist of the Day: The Black Crowes. Fave songs 1) Hard to Handle 2) She Talks to Angels 3) Remedy https://t.co/VXtVUlfRIr 1 day ago
- Soooo happy to see @thescottevans on TV again! And the unstoppable @VWOfficial !! #werk @DaytimeDivas #guilypleasure 2 days ago
- Artist of the Day: Shawn Mendes Fave songs: (1) Treat You Better (2) There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back (3) Mercy https://t.co/ZLqFmEqEt8 4 days ago
- Sky opened up about 30 min earlier than expect. #wetpappa 1 week ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
DADT and the State of the Union
January 27, 2010Posted by on
According to news sources, President Obama is going to mention Don’t Ask Don’t Tell tonight in his State of the Union address.
The White House has asked the Chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee, Sen. Carl Levin (D-MI), to postpone announcing a hearing that would explore repealing the law that bans openly gay people from serving in the military.
Here is my response to this latest development:
Mr. President, anything short of initiating a moratorium on the discharge of servicemembers on the basis of their sexuality until Congress has a change to act on the repeal of DADT would be unequivocally unacceptable.