- WTF South Texas?! 1 week ago
- Ho hum. My @Uber_DC pass is not a good deal this month. :-( 2 weeks ago
- Not even a last name. Well, at least they could have spelled my other name correctly... https://t.co/ognv9VFL3n 2 weeks ago
- The thing I look forward to the most on Halloween is to what @ActuallyNPH and his family dress up as! This year, on… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 weeks ago
- Woke up to a random girl in my bed. First time THAT’S ever happened!!! #RoommateChronicles #NotWaltersRoom 2 weeks ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
A Quick Brush with Hollywood
January 26, 2010Posted by on
Last night, while helping a friend celebrate a birthday, we ended up at one of my favorite haunts, JRs. We arrived right in the middle of showtunes night, and quickly blended in with the crowd, singing along to Funny Girl (Don’t Rain on My Parade), Little Shops of Horror (Suddenly Seymour), Wicked (Defying Gravity), and fanfave, Glee (Sweet Caroline/Don’t Rain on My Parade/You Can’t Always Get What You Want).
In the midst of all this gayness, in walks Mr. Black. Dustin Lance Black. Oscar Winner for Best Original Screenplay in 2008 for the biopic Milk. Dustin was in town to speak at an event at the DC-JCC.
I made my way over to him to say hello and thank him for his work. He was a very down to earth guy. No entourage. No fanfare. Just a nice guy. We talked briefly about growing up in Texas – he San Antonio, me Austin – and then I said my goodbyes and returned to my friends.
He’s currently putting the finishing touches on What’s Wrong with Virginia, starting Jennifer Connelly, Amy Madigan, and Ed Harris. Looking forward to seeing it.