- Artist of the Day: The Black Crowes. Fave songs 1) Hard to Handle 2) She Talks to Angels 3) Remedy https://t.co/VXtVUlfRIr 22 hours ago
- Soooo happy to see @thescottevans on TV again! And the unstoppable @VWOfficial !! #werk @DaytimeDivas #guilypleasure 1 day ago
- Artist of the Day: Shawn Mendes Fave songs: (1) Treat You Better (2) There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back (3) Mercy https://t.co/ZLqFmEqEt8 3 days ago
- Sky opened up about 30 min earlier than expect. #wetpappa 6 days ago
- Artist of the Day: Jody Watley. Fave 3 songs: 1) Friends 2) Looking for a New Love 3) Real Love https://t.co/cvgbIQ1Jsq 6 days ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
And the Hits Keep Coming
January 25, 2010Posted by on
A new week, new beginnings. Right? Nope! Not for Congressional Democrats.
Just when they were finally catching their collective breaths from the demoralizing Massachusetts defeat last Tuesday, they were served a one two punch for breakfast this morning.
First, Delaware Attorney General Beau Biden announced today that he was not running for the Senate seat formerly held by his father — blowing another hole in the Democratic Senate lineup for this year, and giving Republicans a prime opportunity for a 2010 pick-up in another blue state.
This seat has gone from a lean DEM, to a toss up, to a lean GOP rather quickly. Congressman Mike Castle (@MikeCastle2010) has already thrown his hat into the ring, and it seems likely to be a GOP pick up.
A little further south, Democratic Arkansas Congressman Marion Berry announced his retirement at the end of this year. And he did so with a parting shot to the President with a message about health care.
“I began to preach last January that we had already seen this movie and we didn’t want to see it again because we know how it comes out.”
Who’s next? My bet is on Senator Blanche Lincoln or… wait for it… Maryland Senator Barbara Mikulski. You heard it hear first.