- Just completed a 1.34 mi walk with RunKeeper. Check it out! rnkpr.com/a988z26 #RunKeeper 9 hours ago
- Please say a prayer for the Turner clan. Granny's in the ICU. Heading home to Texas in the morning. http://t.co/bMZOW0YmFD 13 hours ago
- RT @DCLogCabin: TOMORROW!! - Join us #SCOTUS for #MarriageEquality Rally! Meet @ corner 1st ST NE & Maryland Ave 8:45am @LogCabinGOP http:/… 19 hours ago
- Haven't had a #Bolivar #cigar in a long time. Great way to end the weekend. instagram.com/p/19O39AGVhP/ 1 day ago
- RT @thedailybeast: Sean Buckley, grandson of modern conservatism’s founding family, comes out as gay: thebea.st/1Ic79nH http://t.co/is… 1 day ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
Cigar Review: Plasencia
January 24, 2010Posted by on
7 1/8 x 42
On Friday, I met a friend for lunch at Shelly’s Back Room. After we finished our meal, I asked Mike if he would like a cigar. He graciously accepted the offer, and I went to my locker (#51) and retrieved two Plasencia Longfellows. Mike is still new to cigars, so I didn’t want to enundate him with something strong, that would put him on his ass when he had to finish out the afternoon back at the office.
I do enjoy the packaging of this cigar. It comes in a long glass tube with a cork. This Longfellow had a light brown Connecticut wrapper and was a mild to medium cigar. Again, Mike’s a newbie. The flavor was a somewhat earthy mix with a little sweetness and a little spice.
This Nicuraguan cigar is a good middle of the day smoke to share with a friend. And Mike, next time you’re getting something stronger.