- Quote of the day: "Speech may not be banned on the ground that it expresses ideas that offend." Justice Samuel Alito 3 days ago
- I hate it when I agree with Eleanor! dcist.com/2017/06/eleano… 1 week ago
- Hey Brianne, looks like you're the only Councilmember who is riding in a car. Everyone else is walking. @CapitalPrideDC 1 week ago
- MPD passes by IN the parade and the crowd erupts in applause! @CapitalPrideDC LOVES MPD 1 week ago
- Rainbows everywhere! #HappyPride @CapitalPrideDC https://t.co/lXmhHyT5i6 1 week ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
Cigar Review: Plasencia
January 24, 2010Posted by on
7 1/8 x 42
On Friday, I met a friend for lunch at Shelly’s Back Room. After we finished our meal, I asked Mike if he would like a cigar. He graciously accepted the offer, and I went to my locker (#51) and retrieved two Plasencia Longfellows. Mike is still new to cigars, so I didn’t want to enundate him with something strong, that would put him on his ass when he had to finish out the afternoon back at the office.
I do enjoy the packaging of this cigar. It comes in a long glass tube with a cork. This Longfellow had a light brown Connecticut wrapper and was a mild to medium cigar. Again, Mike’s a newbie. The flavor was a somewhat earthy mix with a little sweetness and a little spice.
This Nicuraguan cigar is a good middle of the day smoke to share with a friend. And Mike, next time you’re getting something stronger.