- The first woman to start a bank — a black woman — finally gets her due in the Confederacy’s capital washingtonpost.com/news/retropoli… 2 days ago
- Newly Disclosed Clinton-era Memo Says Presidents Can Be Indicted nytimes.com/interactive/20… 2 days ago
- Welcome to Golden, Colorado! https://t.co/23dRKRigLN 3 days ago
- RT @EWErickson: So we can't trust Mueller b/c too many of his staff gave money to Democrats. But we can trust Scaramucci who, like Trump,… 3 days ago
- In the words of Dave Matthews singing Typical Situation Live, "Lost somewhere in Red Rocks...." https://t.co/5zl439gpek 3 days ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
A Systemic Failure in Homeland Security
December 29, 2009Posted by on
I’m not quite ready to call for the resignation of Department of Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano, but what the hell is going on over there?
Did she really expect anyone to buy her line on Saturday that “the system worked,” only to have to walk it back less than 24 hours later. Of course, Republicans on the Hill quickly jumped on that statement, but so too did many Democrats.
Now we hear that the CIA had been tracking Abdulmutallab since August. So the failure to connect the dots throughout the various agencies seems to get more egregious each day.