- WTF South Texas?! 1 week ago
- Ho hum. My @Uber_DC pass is not a good deal this month. :-( 2 weeks ago
- Not even a last name. Well, at least they could have spelled my other name correctly... https://t.co/ognv9VFL3n 2 weeks ago
- The thing I look forward to the most on Halloween is to what @ActuallyNPH and his family dress up as! This year, on… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 weeks ago
- Woke up to a random girl in my bed. First time THAT’S ever happened!!! #RoommateChronicles #NotWaltersRoom 2 weeks ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
“KILL THE BILL”
December 15, 2009Posted by on
Redstate.com has posted a quote where Dr. Howard Dean, the former Vermont Governor, 2004 Presidential candidate, and DNC Chairman from 2005-2008 says the following.
“This is essentially the collapse of health care reform in the United States Senate. Honestly the best thing to do right now is kill the Senate bill, go back to the House, start the reconciliation process, where you only need 51 votes and it would be a much simpler bill.”
This, on top of DailyKos’ earlier admonishment, will likely give the Left plenty of cover to stand up and say NO.
As one can imagine, House members don’t like to just accept whatever the Senate does on any piece of legislation. It’s too early to say exactly how the House members will react, but the Speaker is going to have to hear from her members first before she signs off on anything. While it’s difficult to tell how that will go, it doesn’t look pretty!