- He was trying to save face on news the councils were disintegrating. Strategy Forum planned to inform the WH b4 making announcement public. 3 days ago
- RT @DougHeye: After that Trump press conference, I don't know how I can tell any minority why they should vote Republican. 3 days ago
- 2 days ago, he says he has tons of CEOs wanting to join. Now he disbands business advisory councils after more CEOs quit. 3 days ago
- I will still champion conservative principles. I'll still fervently support LCRs. I'll return when you're gone. And pick up the pieces. 3/3 3 days ago
- You are giving aid & comfort to these assholes. I just can't anymore. As long as you are the leader of the GOP, I will not be a member. 2/3 3 days ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
“KILL THE BILL”
December 15, 2009Posted by on
Redstate.com has posted a quote where Dr. Howard Dean, the former Vermont Governor, 2004 Presidential candidate, and DNC Chairman from 2005-2008 says the following.
“This is essentially the collapse of health care reform in the United States Senate. Honestly the best thing to do right now is kill the Senate bill, go back to the House, start the reconciliation process, where you only need 51 votes and it would be a much simpler bill.”
This, on top of DailyKos’ earlier admonishment, will likely give the Left plenty of cover to stand up and say NO.
As one can imagine, House members don’t like to just accept whatever the Senate does on any piece of legislation. It’s too early to say exactly how the House members will react, but the Speaker is going to have to hear from her members first before she signs off on anything. While it’s difficult to tell how that will go, it doesn’t look pretty!