- Day 2 begins.... #MG18 https://t.co/JcvlPYHYt6 1 week ago
- Chillin’ in Bywater waiting for some ribs. #MG18 #NOLA @ The Joint instagram.com/p/Be6axOClA-K/ 1 week ago
- RT @RailTransitOPS: 1:00P Update: #WMATA is continuing to single track at #DupontCircle via the #ShadyGrove track Train delays are in exce… 1 month ago
- AVOID the red line if you can! Something’s going on between Dupont and Farr North. They are single tracking. #mess. @unsuckdcmetro 1 month ago
- About to watch Thomas Crown Affair for the first time. The original version. 1 month ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
“KILL THE BILL”
December 15, 2009Posted by on
Redstate.com has posted a quote where Dr. Howard Dean, the former Vermont Governor, 2004 Presidential candidate, and DNC Chairman from 2005-2008 says the following.
“This is essentially the collapse of health care reform in the United States Senate. Honestly the best thing to do right now is kill the Senate bill, go back to the House, start the reconciliation process, where you only need 51 votes and it would be a much simpler bill.”
This, on top of DailyKos’ earlier admonishment, will likely give the Left plenty of cover to stand up and say NO.
As one can imagine, House members don’t like to just accept whatever the Senate does on any piece of legislation. It’s too early to say exactly how the House members will react, but the Speaker is going to have to hear from her members first before she signs off on anything. While it’s difficult to tell how that will go, it doesn’t look pretty!