- RT @RailTransitOPS: 1:00P Update: #WMATA is continuing to single track at #DupontCircle via the #ShadyGrove track Train delays are in exce… 1 week ago
- AVOID the red line if you can! Something’s going on between Dupont and Farr North. They are single tracking. #mess. @unsuckdcmetro 1 week ago
- About to watch Thomas Crown Affair for the first time. The original version. 2 weeks ago
- RT @dcfireems: Congratulations to the "Alley Rats", Engine 21 in @ItsAdamsMorgan, celebrating 109 years of dedicated service to the Distric… 3 weeks ago
- CityPaper staff balked when there was talk of a conservative buying the paper. Now, with no perspective buyer, curr… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 month ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
Double Speak: Obama-style
December 9, 2009Posted by on
When will Obama stop blaming the previous administration and start taking responsibility for his actions?
NOW (December 2009):
“Launched hastily, understandably, but hastily under the last administration, the TARP program was flawed. And we have worked hard to correct those flaws and manage it properly.” – President Barack Obama
THEN (October 2008):
“There may be other [TARP] plans out there, that had we had two or three or six months to develop, might be even more refined and might serve our purposes better. But we don’t have that kind of time, and we can’t afford to take a risk that the economy of the United States of America, and as a consequence, the world wide economy could be plunged into a very very deep hole.” – Senator Barack Obama