- The first woman to start a bank — a black woman — finally gets her due in the Confederacy’s capital washingtonpost.com/news/retropoli… 1 day ago
- Newly Disclosed Clinton-era Memo Says Presidents Can Be Indicted nytimes.com/interactive/20… 1 day ago
- Welcome to Golden, Colorado! https://t.co/23dRKRigLN 1 day ago
- RT @EWErickson: So we can't trust Mueller b/c too many of his staff gave money to Democrats. But we can trust Scaramucci who, like Trump,… 1 day ago
- In the words of Dave Matthews singing Typical Situation Live, "Lost somewhere in Red Rocks...." https://t.co/5zl439gpek 1 day ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
Harry Reid & Slavery: an idiot speaks
December 8, 2009Posted by on
Fine! I’ll say it. Senator Harry Reid, you’re a complete effing idiot! And that’s being polite.
How dare you compare those who oppose your heavy-handed approach to health care reform to those who opposed ending slavery some 136 years ago. As a direct descendant of slaves, I am both offended and saddened by this lack of knowledge and lack of historical accuracy. You see, I was fortunate enough to know my great-great grandmother. She passed away at the ripe old age of 102 back in 1990. Her grandparents were slaves.
The right side of history, as you say, is not one that drafts legislation in secret, behind closed doors and doesn’t offer opposing view access the to sweeping changes in your bill with merely a few days before debate begins. The right side of history is one that is open, listens to opinions from all sides, and takes the best of all that is offered.
Oh, and for the record Harry, it was Republicans who were fierce advocates for the abolition of slavery. It was your Democrats who were against it. It was a Democrat who unsuccessfully tried to filibuster the Civil Rights Act of 1957. And it was and is a Democrat who is the only former grand wizard of the Ku Klux Klan.
Harry Reid, you’re a complete effing idiot!!!