- Day 2 begins.... #MG18 https://t.co/JcvlPYHYt6 1 week ago
- Chillin’ in Bywater waiting for some ribs. #MG18 #NOLA @ The Joint instagram.com/p/Be6axOClA-K/ 1 week ago
- RT @RailTransitOPS: 1:00P Update: #WMATA is continuing to single track at #DupontCircle via the #ShadyGrove track Train delays are in exce… 1 month ago
- AVOID the red line if you can! Something’s going on between Dupont and Farr North. They are single tracking. #mess. @unsuckdcmetro 1 month ago
- About to watch Thomas Crown Affair for the first time. The original version. 1 month ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
The Washington Blade Closes…for now.
November 16, 2009Posted by on
What started out as an easy going Monday morning, quickly delved into a chaotic rush for information. A couple of hours ago, queerty.com posted
Now I knew that Windows Media, the parent company to the Blade was in trouble, but I didn’t think it would come to this point so fast!
I am triply saddened because 1) The Blade has been a great resource for the national GLBT community for the last 40 years; 2) I was fortunate enough to have been asked to contribute to their publication through op-eds and letters to the editor over the past eight months; and 3) The Blade had extended out a pro-bono hand to Capital Pride in offering office space.
Now, I am off to ZipCar over to help clear out the Capital Pride office. Oh what a day!