- WTF South Texas?! 1 week ago
- Ho hum. My @Uber_DC pass is not a good deal this month. :-( 2 weeks ago
- Not even a last name. Well, at least they could have spelled my other name correctly... https://t.co/ognv9VFL3n 2 weeks ago
- The thing I look forward to the most on Halloween is to what @ActuallyNPH and his family dress up as! This year, on… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 weeks ago
- Woke up to a random girl in my bed. First time THAT’S ever happened!!! #RoommateChronicles #NotWaltersRoom 2 weeks ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
The Washington Blade Closes…for now.
November 16, 2009Posted by on
What started out as an easy going Monday morning, quickly delved into a chaotic rush for information. A couple of hours ago, queerty.com posted
Now I knew that Windows Media, the parent company to the Blade was in trouble, but I didn’t think it would come to this point so fast!
I am triply saddened because 1) The Blade has been a great resource for the national GLBT community for the last 40 years; 2) I was fortunate enough to have been asked to contribute to their publication through op-eds and letters to the editor over the past eight months; and 3) The Blade had extended out a pro-bono hand to Capital Pride in offering office space.
Now, I am off to ZipCar over to help clear out the Capital Pride office. Oh what a day!