- Heaven help me! I’m waiting on an Uber driver with a 3.6 rating after only one month. #WhatCouldGoWrong 16 minutes ago
- My @AdamsMorganANC might get a little carried away sometimes, but they are nowhere as dysfunctional as the Dupont A… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 8 hours ago
- RT @IAMJHUD: RT & tweet now to #VoiceSaveDavon 6 days ago
- We’ve had a mediocre season, but we beat the Redskins twice this year. 70th time overall! 1 week ago
- #VoiceSaveJanice 1 week ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
DC Council to Hold Hearing on Marriage Equality
October 20, 2009Posted by on
Next Monday, the DC City Council will hold a hearing on marriage equality. As many have heard, two weeks ago, Councilman David Catania introduced a bill that would allow same-sex marriages to be performed in the nation’s capital.
The fact that Catania introduced the bill is nothing of a shock to those who follow the machinations of the Council. What is surprising is the fact that to date, ten of the 13 members of the Council have signed on as cosponsors of the bill. Mayor Adrian Fenty has already said that he will sign a marriage equality bill once it is presented to him.
If I took anything away from the National Equality March here in DC last weekend, it was that we must act locally throughout our communities, cities, and states in order to assure full equality for all.
That is why I plan to attend the hearing next week, and testify, if needed. The fight for equality must continue!