- RT @ladygaga: Nothing more beautiful than everyone putting their differences aside to help humanity in the face of catastrophe. #OneAmerica… 18 hours ago
- Great new (for most of you)! Doc says I’m NOT dying today. Sorry haters. LOL 1 week ago
- It’s not the monthly pass I had last month, but I’ll take it for the week. Thanks @Uber_DC ! https://t.co/dvZVwEdj0r 2 weeks ago
- A tropical storm forming in the Caribbean? South of Nicaragua? What the... 2 weeks ago
- Song of the Month! youtu.be/S3J_3mcOwdQ 2 weeks ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
A Birthday Celebration
September 11, 2009Posted by on
On this day of National tragedy, I also want to take a minute to say happy birthday to one of my closest and dearest friends – Duane (aka The Wife). Duane came into my life a few years ago as a mutual friend introduced us during happy hour at JRs. Duane had recently moved to DC from Maine and was job hunting as well as house hunting. That was 2003.
Six years later, he still remains close and dear to me. Sure, we argue, fight, get pissed at each other, and some times not see each other for weeks. But when we do finally see each other, be it at one of the bars or one of our houses, we always give each a big hug and a kiss.
Tonight, we celebrate our mutual birthdays with friends over dinner at Lauriol Plaza, and of course, many drinks along 17th Street. I am truly honored and blessed to have you as a friend. I love you, Duane. Happy birthday!