- RT @RailTransitOPS: 1:00P Update: #WMATA is continuing to single track at #DupontCircle via the #ShadyGrove track Train delays are in exce… 1 week ago
- AVOID the red line if you can! Something’s going on between Dupont and Farr North. They are single tracking. #mess. @unsuckdcmetro 1 week ago
- About to watch Thomas Crown Affair for the first time. The original version. 2 weeks ago
- RT @dcfireems: Congratulations to the "Alley Rats", Engine 21 in @ItsAdamsMorgan, celebrating 109 years of dedicated service to the Distric… 3 weeks ago
- CityPaper staff balked when there was talk of a conservative buying the paper. Now, with no perspective buyer, curr… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 month ago
Politics & Pop Culture from a homocon.
A Birthday Celebration
September 11, 2009Posted by on
On this day of National tragedy, I also want to take a minute to say happy birthday to one of my closest and dearest friends – Duane (aka The Wife). Duane came into my life a few years ago as a mutual friend introduced us during happy hour at JRs. Duane had recently moved to DC from Maine and was job hunting as well as house hunting. That was 2003.
Six years later, he still remains close and dear to me. Sure, we argue, fight, get pissed at each other, and some times not see each other for weeks. But when we do finally see each other, be it at one of the bars or one of our houses, we always give each a big hug and a kiss.
Tonight, we celebrate our mutual birthdays with friends over dinner at Lauriol Plaza, and of course, many drinks along 17th Street. I am truly honored and blessed to have you as a friend. I love you, Duane. Happy birthday!